Call Me A Meanie But I Do Not Like Dogs In The Pet Store

Lee

The dog is not the one picking out or paying for the food so why do they have to be there in the store?

I went in to get something for the cat and darn near lost it when I almost fell in a puddle of pee.

Not to mention the fact that I do not like it when my butt gets sniffed while standing at the checkout by a big slobbering mutt whose owner is completely oblivious to the fact because she has her back turned trying to converse with the guy behind her.

I like dogs but next time I go in there I am taking my cat.....20 pounds of snarling biting cat to protect me from unwanted advances.

Rant over for today.

I feel the same way when I’m out for a walk.

People should shorten the lead or step off of the
path instead of letting their animals pounce on people and slobber all over.

It’s even more annoying when the owner starts gushing about how much he likes me, he just wants to say hello, he won’t hurt you, etc...

Don’t get me wrong I like animals I just don’t like ignorant pet owners.

When it's 80-100 degrees outside, people can't leave their dogs in a car.
When I'm in a pet store or the Vet, I check the floor as I walk around. I know dogs communicate by marking, the floors are tile & employees can't always follow every dog with a mop.
As for dogs jumping on me, I live for the moment. 😂 But I do understand that not everyone likes it.

When it's 80-100 degrees outside, people can't leave their dogs in a car.
I don’t care what the temperature is, people can leave their dogs or any animal at home. Unless it is truly is used for seeing or hearing impaired people, and it’s a legitimate certification, there’s no reason to have your pet with you.

When I'm in a pet store or the Vet,
That’s different. You expect to see pets there, not in grocery or clothing stores or gyms.

It seems people take their pets to the mall, etc because they want attention for themselves.

I don't like any animal in any store. People who claim they just can't go anywhere without fluffy to soothe them are just gaming the system. I especially dislike pets squirming their soiled bottoms around in shopping cart infant seats.

Just another example of the fur baby idiocy.

I've been seeing more dogs in grocery stores lately, and none of the owners seem at all handicapped. They've all been well behaved, though... the dogs, that is. Sometimes the owners are a little squirrely.

I don't have a problem with dogs in the pet store or the home improvement center or anywhere else, but I can understand women having a problem with dogs sticking their nose in the woman's crotch. People need to be a little more considerate and attentive to their dogs, but it could be that they're using their dogs as a way to bond with people. I used to take my dog to the park as a way to try to meet women. It worked!

I have 3 dogs myself.
But
I totally understand the issue as to where they can be taken.
I do not take my guys to anyone else's place....nor do i want others to bring them to mine.
As far as public places......service dogs, yes.......pet stores allowing pets in their stores, yes.....but....owners need to have consideration of other customers.....i've never taken mine to a pet store.
Yes......using our fur kids as a bonding motions.....but.....owners need to use consideration as well.
When i'm out and about.....even though i'm a dog person.....don't like other people's dogs all over me.....owners - manners and training, please.

I don’t care what the temperature is, people can leave their dogs or any animal at home. Unless it is truly is used for seeing or hearing impaired people, and it’s a legitimate certification, there’s no reason to have your pet with you.

That’s different. You expect to see pets there, not in grocery or clothing stores or gyms.

It seems people take their pets to the mall, etc because they want attention for themselves.
Yes, people can leave their dogs at home. But the large pet stores in my area do allow people to bring their dogs into the store.
Except for registered service animals, dogs are not allowed in grocery or clothing stores or gyms. I've never seen a dog in any of those places.
Re: people wanting attention, you are reading something into people that isn't there.

But the large pet stores in my area do allow people to bring their dogs into the store.
You’re right. I misread that the title was about pet stores. It’s not many but definitely not uncommon to see people with their pets in any store now. Who needs their dog in the grocery cart. They stick a vest that they bought online and say it’s registered. I don’t think I’m misreading their attention seeking.

Yes, people can leave their dogs at home. But the large pet stores in my area do allow people to bring their dogs into the store.
Except for registered service animals, dogs are not allowed in grocery or clothing stores or gyms. I've never seen a dog in any of those places.
Re: people wanting attention, you are reading something into people that isn't there.
Service dogs DO NOT HAVE TO BE REGISTERED. You can train your own service dog. But their are many fake service dogs taken into stores.

I remember when we had a retired but still willing to work older service dog that we got from golden retriever rescue. I was at the mall with my three year old with Down Syndrome, my total care six year old in his wheelchair, and our “repurposed” 60 pound golden retriever service dog.

A woman rushed up to me and exclaimed “you are so lucky you get to bring your dog to the mall.” Yup, that’s me lucky 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Lee You meanie! o_O

But hey, I quite agree so I'm a meanie too. As I left Home Depot today, a woman was accompanied by her Airedale who was the size of a small pony. A really big dog. No service dog vest but it looked freshly groomed. I agree that the whole dogs everywhere thing is way out of hand. But who am I but some cranky old man! And my condo sits at the end of the row where I live. It's Poop Central for the other residents. And guess what, no one picks up after their dog either, not EVER! It's disgusting.

@Lee You meanie! o_O

But hey, I quite agree so I'm a meanie too. As I left Home Depot today, a woman was accompanied by her Airedale who was the size of a small pony. A really big dog. No service dog vest but it looked freshly groomed. I agree that the whole dogs everywhere thing is way out of hand. But who am I but some cranky old man! And my condo sits at the end of the row where I live. It's Poop Central for the other residents. And guess what, no one picks up after their dog either, not EVER! It's disgusting.
That is disgusting.......those dog parents of the poop machines should be fined.

That is disgusting.......those dog parents of the poop machines should be fined.
I’m just glad that I don’t have children or grandchildren that play in that yard. I don’t walk there anymore often than I have to but yes, there should be some sort of control. Unfortunately the HOA president is slowly buying up all the condos he can and turning them into “pet friendly”rentals. I’ll be moving by the end of next month but the pet situation is only a part of why.

Keeping on the same topic, Chris P Bacon.
My neighbour on the south side of me has a little dog.
I've been in this house for 5 1/2 years.......and only a handful of times i've seen someone pick up poo.
Kids, adults, barefeet tramp all over the yard.......which must feel good on the feet and between your toes.

I’ll take your thought about it as being true. Might be something to what you say though.
I know for sure that as soon as it hits the ground, flies are all over it, just before they land on
poor kids popsicle! 🤢

I always have my back yard picked up whenever the poo happens.....so gross stepping on it.
I'll tell you something gross..........My corgi, Micki recycles......but.....not hers or Noah's......just Shaalee's......must be very tasty.
That's why i do the pick right after.

Back