Calling All Dogs, Beautiful or Funny

c996aff5d437e8b2b5e0603c8f0da44d.jpg

I love this breed, the Boston Terrier.

My youngest, a female McNab (now 1.5 years), Ember at 8 weeks.
1669689638486.jpeg

My elder dog Smokey, a male Aussie/heeler cross now 7, taken at Albany Bulb a few years back. I like the way his shadow lies on the painted moon on the concrete slab he is walking on.

1669689797957.jpeg

My boy Smoke with my last dog Heidi Rose, a shepherd/heeler cross at a local beach.

1669689930555.jpeg

Heidi Rose with our first herding dog, the male Aussi, Fletcher at Mendocino Coast bot garden near Fort Brag.

1669690039160.jpeg

My youngest, a female McNab (now 1.5 years), Ember at 8 weeks.
View attachment 252843

My elder dog Smokey, a male Aussie/heeler cross now 7, taken at Albany Bulb a few years back. I like the way his shadow lies on the painted moon on the concrete slab he is walking on.

View attachment 252845

My boy Smoke with my last dog Heidi Rose, a shepherd/heeler cross at a local beach.

View attachment 252846

Heidi Rose with our first herding dog, the male Aussi, Fletcher at Mendocino Coast bot garden near Fort Brag.

View attachment 252847
Beautiful photos of beautiful dogs.

@MarkD
Your dogs are all beautiful and precious. I miss ours so very much. Please keep posting pics!
Do you fear you won’t be around long enough to have another or won’t be able to provide them with all you need? We came by our first herding dog - the Aussie - after assuring my wife’s aiunt and uncle that we would take him when they couldn’t provid for him any more. The most amazing dog. Had no clue of what a command was for but he never required one. He was kind to everyone from elderly to babies and was never aggressive toward other dogs. His one vice as intimidating young males. I once caught up to hm bent over a big yellow lab with his elbow on its chest as the big puppy peed into the air. Fletcher looked up at me with the most pleased look of pros on his face. The puppy was twice his size but had it gotten mad, Fletcher was a master of deflection and could have defused it in a second. He never actually fought with any dog and may have been afraid to. But he wasn’t afraid of mind games. ideally loved that dog. This was him on a ’walk’ being pushed Ian old wheelbarrow because of his congestive heart failure. I had him scheduled to euthanized the next day at home by a vet.

1669743050695.jpeg

When we got home he lay next to me on the couch while went through his final photos.

1669743185511.jpeg

Then I felt my leg getting wet where his head was resting.

1669743274850.jpeg

He wasn’t moving so I set the computer aside to see if he was still with us but he wasn’t moving. When I picked him up he tensed for a moment and then went still like a rag dog, dying in my arms. I’m not usually sentimental about their bodies when they die but Fletcher is buried in my garden.

@MarkD

Thank you for sharing your fond memories of Fletcher. What a beautiful boy he was.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed pets in our condo. We now live vicariously through daughter & SIL's
corgi, Abbi.

Our labs:
Mackie
View attachment 252933

Moe (Moey)

View attachment 252934
Since you obviously loved labs here are some pics of my labXgolden who always looked all lab. She was so black when she was younger it was hard to photograph her in sun. Here she is with the first dog Lia and I got together, Daisy the Dalmatian:

1669759971314.jpeg

She was the queen bee when we inherited Fletcher. She was very strict with Fletcher and another dog we took in. She would body slam any dog who tried to barrel ahead of me going down the stairs. She was my first best dog (but every one since had earned a piece of hat crown). I think of her as my dutiful daughter.

1669760223445.jpeg

She made it almost to 16,becoming more and more white in the process.

1669760335404.jpeg

She had a sensual side.

1669760395242.jpeg

My dogs have mostly respected the garden but you can see in this video she was a little less graceful in old age.

Back