Can we PLEASE use the english language correctly?

Yeah, grammar Nazi's tickle me, too. Especially when they don't realize how desperate they are to appear smarter than everyone else.
And, by the way, it's not "literate as you all are." It's "Literate as y'all are."
Ain't ya got no learnin'?

Now, I KNOW you're not a Suth'nuh. Otherwise, you'd know that the plural of "y'all" is "all y'all"…..

First there was Cornovirus. Then they got cute & it became KORVID-19. I just call it Kornie Virus because there is so much politically correct cornie stuff going on with the media reporting it. I like the play-on-words. Works for me every time. LOL

First there was Cornovirus. Then they got cute & it became KORVID-19. I just call it Kornie Virus because there is so much politically correct cornie stuff going on with the media reporting it. I like the play-on-words. Works for me every time. LOL

Here in the South it's derogatorily referred to as "the 'rona."

Correcting people's grammar in person would only reach that one person. You do it on a forum because you are well aware that you are correcting many people's grammar & telling many people how smart you are.
😂 😂 😂

I think you're actually serious! You really believe this! Wow.

I haven't corrected a single person's grammar who's on this forum, nor would I. I don't read posts with a red pen in hand, just waiting to POUNCE on some poor unsuspecting poster who misplaces an apostrophe or or uses "they're" incorrectly. I'm interested in content, in being engaged with subject or opinion, in responding, giving my input, advice, answering the question posed, whatever the topic is about.

I think someone else talked about this being the section of Senior Forums SPECIFICALLY DEVOTED TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, which is where this thread is. I've said not one thing offensive, rude, derogatory, or otherwise critical to anyone on this forum. I haven't even singled out ANY specific individual off the forum, just commented on things I've overheard or read that annoy me.

If you, personally, are THAT insecure that you need to tear me down, then that's on YOU, not me. Go right ahead. I don't have an ego, but I do have enough self-esteem that I'm perfectly able to withstand whatever you feel you need to say to me to make yourself feel better.

Last edited:
How many of you have noticed the misspelled word in the box for our post/reply? It says:

Write your reply here.....
If you write a long post, please separate it into serveral paragraphs for easier reading
That's a little automatic thing our minds do. We see the letters and and rewrite the word in our minds.

Back