Can you eat very hot pepper's?Carolina Reaper

Nope, I don't do well with hot peppers. They do a number on my mouth.

In India a couple of year ago, I bit into what I thought was a tempura'ed string bean. It wasn't. No, indeedy, it was some sort of pepper waaaay up there on the score. Thought I was going to die until they brought me a big bowl of yogurt to stuff my mouth with. Even at that, my mouth hurt for three days.

I like hot spicy things. I learned a couple of years ago that (at least for me) there is a safe age limit.
After eating hot peppers for years with no problems, a couple of years ago, I was dining out with friends & the meal came with what looked like a Jalapeno pepper. I could tell after a bite that it was much hotter than any other Jalapeno I've tasted. Good thing I was home 30 minutes later. Terrible stomach pain & diarrhea. I can still eat Habaneros & hot salsa with no problems.

I like a little spice, but Dave really likes it hot. I'm OK with jalapenos, maybe even serranos, nothing more. I had a pepper once that I thought was mild, and it was NOT! My throat closed off for about a minute -- very scary!

Back