Cancer fighting Cabbage

:unsure:I wonder though, if perhaps it is true in cooking recipes, that maybe a "Waldorf salad" is madesimilarly, and with the added apples and raisins. I actually do not know, if that is a known name for that combination or not.
Perhaps someone reading here would know!

Shred cabbage, carrots, onion. Saute with roasted sesame seed oil, throw in some soy sauce. Add a dash of Sweet&Sour and Honey BBQ sauces. Allow to wilt and then cool. Roll up in egg roll sheets. Bake at 425 for around 15-20 minutes, until crisp and very lightly browned. YUMMMMMMMMM.........

Shred cabbage, carrots, onion. Saute with roasted sesame seed oil, throw in some soy sauce. Add a dash of Sweet&Sour and Honey BBQ sauces. Allow to wilt and then cool. Roll up in egg roll sheets. Bake at 425 for around 15-20 minutes, until crisp and very lightly browned. YUMMMMMMMMM.........
Hmmm, that sounds delicious, printed it out! One question: I loved the La Choy soy sauce but for some reason my Kroger stopped selling it. I wondered if La Choy was doing something illegal/bad. What brand soy sauce do you use? I bought Kimlan soy sauce, highly rated at Amazon, but I don't care for the taste.

Last edited:
That is so interesting ! Thank you, RadishRose! (y) :)
That's funny, too, that it has everything EXCEPT the cabbage, which was the main ingredient were all discussing, and the topic of this thread! :D

Hmmm, that sounds delicious, printed it out! One question: I loved the La Choy soy sauce but for some reason my Kroger stopped selling it. I wondered if La Choy was doing something illegal/bad. What brand soy sauce do you use? I bought Kimlan soy sauce, highly rated at Amazon, but I don't care for the taste.
Lee Kum Kee, low sodium. Available at Asian Markets. This is the ONLY soy sauce that has never bothered any part of my body, in any way. It tastes amazing, as well. 15757635611166780709332729910683.jpg

Last edited:
I'll chop & simmer cabbage until tender, drain it, add butter/salt/pepper, then mash with a potato masher.
It's simple, and tastes so sweet done this way. You'd never know it was just cabbage.

I'll usually have slaw on hand. Here are my 2 favorite slaw dressing recipes...the egg one is better than Marzetti's. I discovered that the only way I could get any flavor out of slaw dressings was to simmer onion in it. This also takes the "bite" out of the onion.

Creamy Slaw Dressing
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp flour
1 egg
1 pat of putter
1/4 cup chopped onion

Cook until it thickens.

No Dairy Slaw
1 medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
1 cup white sugar
Toss together in bowl.

1/4 cup onion finely chopped
1 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
3/4 cup vegetable oil
Bring to boil, cook for 3 minutes, cool completely, pour over cabbage/sugar, refrigerate overnight.

Back