Caregivers, Seeing Your Partner in a New Way

fureverywhere

beloved friend who will always be with us in spiri
This is hard for me to talk about. Like watching my girl dog grow grayer and more basket case by the day. Today my husband showed up at my job to say hello. Maybe the bright lights and that I typically don't look up when I'm in a hurry. But dear frickin' Gawd...he's aged so very quickly. My Dad is 94, my husband is looking at 60 this year. My Dad might be in much better shape.

I just can't wrap my head around things sometimes or I'll need an Ativan fix. It's become daily, me or my daughter will help him with shoes and socks. He doesn't read so good. I've read Parkinson's for Dummies and know what's going on better than he does. Apparently with terrific insurance you can be like Michael J. Fox and fight the symptoms a day at a time. Then there's when you have low to middling insurance.

You watch a man go from linebacker sized to so feeble a bear hug might knock him over. My aunt was like that and she lived three years after diagnosis. When I saw him at my job I really saw him...and it scared me witless. Yes that is my husband and he looks a hundred and ten. I guess some moments and you just realize the full suck of your situation. The good news was Ninja the cat got himself un-lost tonight. Grateful for what I can find.

Back