Carpal Tunnel x 2, ..Hmm

needshave

My surgeon has diagnosed the severe pain in my hands is due to excessive arthritis in the thumbs but severed impacted by possibly Carpal Tunnel in both hands. I go for muscle and ligament mapping on Friday of this week. I have all the symptoms of carpal tunnel, but this should prove it.
Surgery is the only remedy, I was wondering if anyone might have had such surgery and could share their experiences. Did it correct the problem, pain, how long daily activities were restricted?

I've had the surgery on both wrists (at different times). Each was done years ago - 15 to 20 years at least. It was simple and offered immediate relief. Tiny scars but nothing disfiguring.

I've had the surgery on both wrists (at different times). Each was done years ago - 15 to 20 years at least. It was simple and offered immediate relief. Tiny scars but nothing disfiguring.
Do you remember the "down time?" How long you were restricted? I guess the surgeons though was that She would take care of the arthritis and Carpal Tunnel at the same time. That may impact things a bit but it good to hear you had almost immediate relief. Thanks for responding...

Do you remember the "down time?" How long you were restricted? I guess the surgeons though was that She would take care of the arthritis and Carpal Tunnel at the same time. That may impact things a bit but it good to hear you had almost immediate relief. Thanks for responding...
I lived alone at the time and returned home and normal routine within no more than a week.

Back