Cat toys

I have found that if you have an empty Amazon box, that's more entertaining than any cat toy you can buy at the store!
Same thing with kids. One Christmas, we had three 5 year olds in the house who got a combined haul of Christmas loot that would stock a FAO Schwartz store and what did they play with all afternoon? A box.

Cat Dancer is Rileys fave toy. Every morning without fail he hops on the bed for his morning romp. A cheap toy with lots of entertainment value. He prefers this to anything else. He hides amongst the bed pillows to jump and trap his prey.

And of course there is always a contest when I bring the giant size costco cooler bag home. Can I unload before he climbs in.

https://www.amazon.ca/CAT-DANCER-PRODUCTS-101-Interactive/dp/B0006N9I68/ref=sr_1_2?crid=B7HW0DUETD50&keywords=cat+dancer&qid=1655285995&rdc=1&sprefix=cat+dancer,aps,74&sr=8-2&th=1

My Beansy cat's favorite toy was 1/2 of those cheap plastic easter eggs. She would demand interactive play by throwing it at me. If I ignored her, she'd pick it up and pound it at my feet until I got the message. (RIP, Beansy)
Oh! I have some of those! That's a good idea.

And speaking of Beans, I'll put some beans in one of them, see if he likes that.

Cat Dancer is Rileys fave toy. Every morning without fail he hops on the bed for his morning romp. A cheap toy with lots of entertainment value. He prefers this to anything else. He hides amongst the bed pillows to jump and trap his prey.

And of course there is always a contest when I bring the giant size costco cooler bag home. Can I unload before he climbs in.

https://www.amazon.ca/CAT-DANCER-PRODUCTS-101-Interactive/dp/B0006N9I68/ref=sr_1_2?crid=B7HW0DUETD50&keywords=cat+dancer&qid=1655285995&rdc=1&sprefix=cat+dancer,aps,74&sr=8-2&th=1
A friend of my brother repairs pianos. He makes those toys out of old piano wires.

I currently have 2 older cats. They look like kittens when it's playtime though! They're littermates but very different! The female enjoys watching birds and laptime. The male enjoys carrying his toys around and sleeping with them... He will also fetch and return... Sometimes lol

This usually gets our cats going....give it a toss. :)

Golf+Balls+-+Plastic+-+Restricted+Flight_.jpg

A friend of my brother repairs pianos. He makes those toys out of old piano wires.
Murrmurr, yes, such a simple toy to make. And now I am going to embarrass myself here by telling you all this.

This is how Riley and I play cat dancer....I put a circular pillow on the middle of the bed, BUT the playing must be accompanied by me singing "Here we go round the mulberry bush" Riley follows the toy around the pillow but only pounces on it when he hears "pop goes the weasel" At that point he has had enough of my singing I think.

Murrmurr, yes, such a simple toy to make. And now I am going to embarrass myself here by telling you all this.

This is how Riley and I play cat dancer....I put a circular pillow on the middle of the bed, BUT the playing must be accompanied by me singing "Here we go round the mulberry bush" Riley follows the toy around the pillow but only pounces on it when he hears "pop goes the weasel" At that point he has had enough of my singing I think.
Riley makes Pixel look like a dunce by comparison. Pixel mostly pounces onto my shin as I walk by. I've walked all the way into the bathroom and back with him hanging on my lower leg. I need a Pixel for the other leg, so I'll have a matching pair.

This is how Riley and I play cat dancer....I put a circular pillow on the middle of the bed, BUT the playing must be accompanied by me singing "Here we go round the mulberry bush" Riley follows the toy around the pillow but only pounces on it when he hears "pop goes the weasel"
Oh you must video this and put it on YouTube! And then post a link!

Feline expert Jackson Galaxy aka "Cat Daddy" has a video rating categories of toys. He said the best ones are those that get the kittens and cats to be active, simulating the hunt, rather than passive toys that just lay there. My BFF and I have found this to be true of the wands with the strings attached. Deja chases that thing, hops, jumps and gets plenty of exercise.

I expounded on the idea and took just the string part (after the wand finally snapped) and attached a cute fish toy with the floppy tail on the string. I swing that around ro drag and she goes on the attack. She also absolutely loves this crinkle ball, looks for it when she loses it and cries for my to get it out for her. I bought a bag of 20. When she's chasing it around, it's the only time I she'll let me use the computer without disrupting me.

Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 7.03.14 AM.jpeg

And yes, she also loves boxes and bags. @RadishRose I wish I had room in here for one of those cat exercise wheels.

Back