Caught some more mice

We have feral cats outside, Death is slow by being eaten alive....
Inside is a good chance of a quick immediate death....
Hopefully they tell their friends and family and just move on down the road....

We have feral cats outside, Death is slow by being eaten alive....
Inside is a good chance of a quick immediate death....
Hopefully they tell their friends and family and just move on down the road....
Only well fed cats play with their mice, feral and other starving cats dispatch them quickly. At least, those mice serve their nature purpose instead of dying painfully by poison or being caught in a inhumane trap.

Cats do not catch and eat mice naturally. They have to be taught this by watching other cats. If your cat(s) is(are) strictly an indoor pet(s) and also has a mother that was an indoor cat, thay may not know what to so other than the instinctual urge to bat it around.

I had an Aviary for many years but was never troubled with mice only on the odd occasion,i found them more in the garden shed so I bought a trap which was very easy to operate and did the job really well.

In my (hardly) never fail humane tilt trap - one last week and one overnight. Winter makes it awkward in knowing what to do with them. I took them out to a rural area and upended the canister. The last I saw, both scurried across the snow into a ditch. I hope they can find shelter. I felt bad because it is so cold here now, but I am not buying mice plane tickets to Florida. I know mice are resourceful. I just wanted them out and away from my house.
Mice and I DO NOT GET ALONG. I had experiences in my younger years. I shared with hubby if I ever saw a mice in our house, I will go to the nearest hotel. Mice are one of my biggest fears. I can take seeing a snake rather than a MICE šŸ„µ.

Only well fed cats play with their mice, feral and other starving cats dispatch them quickly. At least, those mice serve their nature purpose instead of dying painfully by poison or being caught in a inhumane trap.
The feral cats around here are pretty fat and happy. I even left some cat food out for them to lure them into my yard, so they would hopefully catch mice. They didn't eat it. So they must be getting better food somewhere else.

Mouse invasion again. They are probably looking for a nice warm place to stay for the winter. Poop on the kitchen counters and stovetop. I've set my tilt traps in various places, but apparently the critters are getting smart. Either the traps aren't touched and the few times they were, somehow the mouse escaped. Funny how I only see droppings in the kitchen. I don't keep any food out unless it's canned, except for bananas, and they look like they've not been touched.

Mouse invasion again. They are probably looking for a nice warm place to stay for the winter. Poop on the kitchen counters and stovetop. I've set my tilt traps in various places, but apparently the critters are getting smart. Either the traps aren't touched and the few times they were, somehow the mouse escaped. Funny how I only see droppings in the kitchen. I don't keep any food out unless it's canned, except for bananas, and they look like they've not been touched.
Set them touching the walls and in corners that is their paths.

I set a half dozen "snap" traps in the basement/garage areas about a month ago. This is an annual necessity as colder weather arrives. So far, I've only had one mouse caught in the traps....he probably snuck into the basement when I had the garage doors open. He didn't get far. I put fresh cheese in the traps every 2 or 3 weeks, and usually "eliminate" a half dozen mice throughout an average Winter.

This is the first house Iā€™ve lived in that does not have mice. Donā€™t know why, don't care, just very happy. Knock on wood it continues but with the cold weather probably not.

Caught one, but for some reason it died during the night. I only had that happen once before, but that one was alive when I looked but by the time I got it to the release point, it was dead. I wonder what happened.

Caught one, but for some reason it died during the night. I only had that happen once before, but that one was alive when I looked but by the time I got it to the release point, it was dead. I wonder what happened.
Call the CDC. They'll count it as another Covid death.

Several years ago, I went into my basement to check for plumbing leaks (before I re-piped). I was eating a Persian Cucumber.
A huge rat ran right up to me & stood on his hind legs - like a pet would do. He must have read up on the health benefits of green vegetables.
I gave him the rest of my cucumber. He took a few bites, then ran away with it.
When I re-piped my house, the plumbers fixed the little screen where he was getting in.

Some people keep rodents as pets. Mice, rats, guinea pigs, hamsters and gerbils are all rodents. They are clever and agile. When I was working in the lab we kept some white rats separate from the experimental ones. I remember one they called Hank. It was a really old rat and his fur was mated and yellow and had long orange teeth. He was a biggie too, probably weighted 3 to 4 pounds.

Back