Chinese rocket coming down!

Would anyone care to speculate where the old Chinese rocket is going to crash? We could have a contest with the winner getting the "I TOLD YOU SO!" prize. Of course, it'll mostly burn up on re-entry but there could be some debris landing somewhere.

I'll go on record with my prediction: my car.

What's your prediction?

Below its path is mostly water, but there's also a lot of land, including much of the U.S. from Chicago southwards. It also covers South America, Australia, Asia, Europe and Africa. The rocket debris could crash at any location, but Harwood says that is unlikely.

"The odds are it won't hit anybody or any populated area, but it could," he said. A large portion is expected to burn up in the atmosphere.

The Pentagon does have the strike capability to shoot the rocket down, but they've said they won't because it would threaten the thousands of other satellites in orbit and could string a wider swath of debris across the Earth.

"If you hit a spacecraft with a weapon and break it up instead of one big piece, you've got thousands and thousands of pieces," Harwood said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...s-no-threat-to-humans-expert-says/ar-BB1gtpIK

images-1-jpeg.163793
images-2.jpeg

Since their water propelled rockets had some minor successes I understand they will now move on to the more technical Mentos and Coke fueled vehicles . . .

Unknown-3.jpegimages-3.jpeg

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 13

Back