Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac has died at 79

She wrote a lot of very good songs for the group. Contrary to what was sometimes reported, Chrissy and Stevie Nicks were best of friends. She had a very short illness is all that I read. I wish that I would have gone to one of their concerts.

Last edited:
While on vacation I'm usung my tablet and for some unknown reason the links, emoji and font style icons are not showing.

"NEW YORK -- Christine McVie, the British-born Fleetwood Mac vocalist, songwriter and keyboard player whose cool, soulful contralto helped define such classics as "You Make Loving Fun," "Everywhere" and "Don't Stop," has died at age 79.

Her death was announced Wednesday on the band's social media accounts. No cause of death or other details were immediately provided.

"She was truly one-of-a-kind, special and talented beyond measure," the band's statement reads in part.

McVie was a steady presence and personality in a band known for its frequent lineup changes and volatile personalities - notably fellow singer-songwriters Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

During its peak commercial years, from 1975-80, the band sold tens of millions of records and was an ongoing source of fascination for fans as it transformed personal battles into melodic, compelling songs. McVie herself had been married to bassist John McVie, and their breakup - along with the split of Nicks and Buckingham - was famously documented on the 1977 release "Rumours," among the bestselling albums of all time."

I attended a Fleetwood Mac concert in Pittsburgh just before COVID. I think Chrissie wrote a lot of their songs, along with Lindsey Buckingham. Chrissie was always so beautiful on stage, but seldom smiled.

Last edited:

Back