Christmas Alone

my dd is very irritating.. she said she's coming after Christmas day... when asked to be more specific she won't... she seems to think I have nothing better to do than to wait in for her and all the dogs.... Yesterday I asked her to be more specific.. after all she wants me to bake palmiers for her, and they don't keep very well so not something I can bake in advance... and STILL, she wouldn't say whether she's coming on boxing day or later.. :rolleyes:
did you not say in a post that she was not vaccinnated? If so then maybe she is just concerned and considerate

did you not say in a post that she was not vaccinnated? If so then maybe she is just concerned and considerate
...she's coming, it's not a matter of not being vaccinated.., we went out for lunch last month . I'm double vaccinated and there's only going to be me here... it just beggars belief that she won't say when. I think she'll leave it till the day before to let me know.. and then I might just forget to bake the palmiers..

Last edited:
That really sucks; I mean being alone at Christmas time. I live alone but my daughter is coming out and we have invites here and there and will be busy like crazy. Your post reminds me of that rather sad Hank Williams song. "May You Never Be Alone Like Me." I sing it regularly with my guitar. There is no one who could ever sing that song like Hank Williams. You can keep your rap and your heavy metal; I'll stick with Hank until the day I die.

May You Never Be Alone
Written and recorded by Hank Williams

Like a bird that's lost its mate in flight
I'm alone and oh so blue tonight
Like a piece of driftwood on the sea
May you never be alone like me

I believed the lies you told to me
When you whispered dear I worship thee
Now here am I alone and blue
All because I loved no one but you

I gave up my friends I left my home
When you promised to be mine alone
Now you're gone our love could never be

In the Bible God's own words do say
For every wrong someday you'll pay
I pray the Lord to set me free

That really sucks; I mean being alone at Christmas time. I live alone but my daughter is coming out and we have invites here and there and will be busy like crazy. Your post reminds me of that rather sad Hank Williams song. "May You Never Be Alone Like Me." I sing it regularly with my guitar. There is no one who could ever sing that song like Hank Williams. You can keep your rap and your heavy metal; I'll stick with Hank until the day I die.

You should record it and post it so we can hear you play.

I used to like to play You Win Again... another Hank Williams classic.

Here's the Grateful Dead doing a most excellent version...

I'm alone as far as other humans go. I'm with my dear pets and they are good company. No arguments with them ever...lol. We are listening to my favorite songs I listened to this year via Spotify.

Just got some take-out delivered. Deep fried zucchini, onion rings and a meatball sandwich from my favorite Italian restaurant.

So we are kicking back and relaxing. A Merry Christmas 🎄☃️ to all!

I'm alone as far as other humans go. I'm with my dear pets and they are good company. No arguments with them ever...lol. We are listening to my favorite songs I listened to this year via Spotify.

Just got some take-out delivered. Deep fried zucchini, onion rings and a meatball sandwich from my favorite Italian restaurant.

So we are kicking back and relaxing. A Merry Christmas 🎄☃️ to all!
Good for you Ruthanne...Doing the same as well, with you all the way. Much Love.
Enjoy...

Years ago, when I was divorced and my son was on his own, I spent several Christmas's alone. I always went to a movie but now that isn't safe to do. My husband and I are spending the day alone like we did last year. His 2 kids and a son-in-law are not vaccinated and refuse to get tested so we will be by ourselves. I have lots of packing to do so that will keep me busy.

My Daughter will be here tomorrow after all... she's arriving in the morning, staying for lunch ...along with her pooches who will be very excited to be here... but she will be leaving just before it gets dark... which is mid afternoon , and just as most of you in the US and Canada are coming onto the forum, so I'll be here with you all too , God willing... (y)

I am living alone and so very much want to move to the town my daughter lives in. I want to bide my time until I can move. The situation I find myself in has driven my actually batty.

I have no one to spend Christmas with this year! Help!!!
Just as others have said, indulge yourself, log on here and we will keep you company. As for Christmas alone, my wife and I did it for almost thirty years. Before retirement she was a paramedic in the ambulance service, their criteria for Christmas working was, those with families had Christmas leave priority, they never had any sort of rotation.

Not having any children she always drew the short straw and worked on Christmas day. It was left to me to cook the Christmas meal, it never bothered me being alone but it did seem to bother others, strange that. Nowadays we dine out for Christmas and let someone else do the cooking, clearing away and washing up.

Is it possible you and your daughter can "Facetime" each other on Christmas? Facetime is particular to Apple devices but there are other apps that allow you to see one another while talking including Facebook Messenger (which I've used) and Skype (which I have not). It's the next best thing to being with your family. Here is a list of video chat options:
https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-tips/mobile-apps/best-video-chat-apps
I don't celebrate Christmas for religious reasons but my husband and I used to go to my sister's for Christmas dinner.s The year before he died, I went alone (he was visiting his daughter in Virginia). I felt so awkward and uncomfortable due to everyone exchanging gifts, except me, that I promised myself I'd never go again. Mind you I wasn't expecting a gift because they knew we don't celebrate Christmas. Maybe my husband not being there highlighted what I don't remember feeling the years before that. The next year, he died two days before Christmas, so naturally I wasn't expected to attend. I'm hoping you can get a video chat going with your family and that you wind up enjoying the day. Welcome to the forum.
Welcome Glitter Butterfly.gif

Back