Coffee......your favorite brand an how you like it

Starbucks....Right now we get the pods...We are waiting for our new Coffee pot....It will have the one that also can make a cup of coffee
in the pot....It's taking to long....They said they couldn't find our home....New Jersey isn't that big....Anyway they gave the UPS the wrong
address....So I had to go to the ladies house a few blocks from our house to see if she got our coffee pot ....She said she never got a
coffee pot in the mail....And she told me she has 2 coffee pots and doesn't need another one....She was nice....
So, this week we may get the coffee pot....Moma Mia....
Stll waiting for he coffee pot.. Yesterday they told my husband they can't find the coffee pot.....We are going to a store and buy the
coffee pot...We did get a new garbage pail. It was supposed to be 2 garbage pails...We never had any problem in all the years liveing here...
crazy!!!

Why Do We Like Coffee At All? (Link)
top_pic.jpg

Right now I use a Keurig machine mainly for the convenience. My favorite kcups are Folger's 100% Columbian and Yuban. I know a lot of folks say the coffee from a Keurig is awful but I learned that putting a pinch or so of salt in the cup before you brew helps produce a much better tasting cup of coffee. I also have a Technivorm ($$$) machine that makes one cup at a time. Since it requires a little more effort and time I use it mainly on the weekends with freshly roasted and ground coffee.

Have been laughing all day about coffee! My parents are basic Folgers people. Dad gets up several hours before mom. They were out of coffee when he got up this morning but for a little bit in a ziplock bag so he used that. Turns out it was some fancy smanchy blueberry cobbler flavor that my sister (not a coffee drinker!) gave me and I shared it with mom. My dad asked mom when she got up what in the world was wrong with that coffee. She told him and told him my sister is thinking of giving it for Christmas gifts this year. He told mom to tell her to give someone else his bag. Was not a bit impressed, but at least he got the caffeine fix!

I'm resurrecting this thread because I've stumbled onto something.

We've switched mostly over to decaf
My lady (she looooooves black coffee) cannot do leaded anymore.
I say 'mostly' because there are days I need that artificial energy

The energy that transforms me from this
moi..thinking.jpg

to this

smaller.jpg

My favorite (Kirkland Colombian) had the decaf...for awhile
Now......they don't (I personally wiped out their remaining stock)

I'm no brew nut, just the cheap simple Mr Coffee
Flip a switch.....coffee happens

71LB1AbsorL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Recently I've scoured the area for something that comes close to Kirkland Colombian.
It ain't out there.

However....

I haphazardly discovered something this morn

One can take any coffee, even store brand coffee

and make it the best tasting cup of Joe you ever had

Simply pour that first cup that comes thru that filter
(don't wait for it to finish brewing)

Had that this morn.....a bit pressed for time

WHOA!

Goooooood coffee

However.....the next cups are rather lacking

Gary O, have you checked Ebay for the Kirkland coffee you prefer? A friend introduced me to the Kirkland Pacific Bold kcups which I loved. Alas, I do not have a Costco anywhere near me but found them on ebay. If the decaf is being discontinued though it will likely be expensive.

Amazon had the Keurig coffee makers (or at least some of them) on sale for Prime Day, and I got one of the small ones that was about half-price on sale. It makes really great coffee ! The coffee maker that we had been using and was about worn out, was a Hamilton Beach, and it needed to be replaced.

I love flavored coffee, and I just found this Hawaiian blend. the aroma and flavor are both awesome ! I had the coconut caramel one, and am now trying the mocha macadamia, and I think that I am in love with that flavor, and it smells almost like having a cup of hot chocolate.

7BE0F4EA-8009-4570-971E-B95BA64BE52D.jpeg

Here is the coffee pot that I grew up with as a young child. How many mornings I watched over the percolator pot for mom and dad while they stayed comfy and warm in bed, and once the water with mixed in coffee grounds started bubbling up into the glass dome top steadily, I'd set the stove top element to simmer and give a call out to mom and dad that coffee was ready.

1f300f24267b8a2f5f109a041c2fb06f.jpg

I love flavored coffee, and I just found this Hawaiian blend. the aroma and flavor are both awesome ! I had the coconut caramel one, and am now trying the mocha macadamia, and I think that I am in love with that flavor, and it smells almost like having a cup of hot chocolate.
Yeah, see, I am a bit of a coffee..... purist(?)
I just like my coffee to taste like, well, coffee

Gary O, have you checked Ebay for the Kirkland coffee you prefer? A friend introduced me to the Kirkland Pacific Bold kcups which I loved. Alas, I do not have a Costco anywhere near me but found them on ebay. If the decaf is being discontinued though it will likely be expensive.
Yeah......expensive

Our Costco is over the mountain, a 100 miles away and they're outa decaf anyway

I checked Ebay and Amazon.....a bit spendy

but thanks

In 1980 the doctor told me to stop drinking coffee, it was irritating my gizzard or something. I have not had any since.
I do fine with a glass of iced tea.

The coffee in the Navy had laxative qualities, it was better to go ashore and have a beer.

Back