Coloring Hair

My roots are growing out, too, but I have a golden blonde I'm going to cover the roots with when I get in the mood.

It's up to you if you want to let it grow out. My shade of hair now is brownish with some grey streaks but the color does nothing for me. I think I look better in my original hair shade which is blonde. I don't color it the blonde that I had when I was younger any longer but use the golden blonde now which has a bit of a reddish tint to it. It seems to light up my face some which I like.

I’ve always coloured my own hair, only visiting a hairdresser when it needs cutting, I have enough tubes of Henna cream to last until late autumn so, hopefully there will be no grey roots around here anytime soon .....:D

I let my grey grow out one of the summers that we were on the road. I wore a hat or a bandana and, besides, I wasn't ever going to see those people at Mt. Rushmore, the Golden Gate Bridge or Old Faithful again....LOL.

When the grey got about 2" long, I stopped at a salon and said "start cutting and don't stop until it's all the same." Then I looked like Zippy the Pinhead for a while, but at least I had lost the "Skunk Creature" look.

All I can say is....thank goodness for hats and bandannas and people you'll never see again.

I let my grey grow out one of the summers that we were on the road. I wore a hat or a bandana and, besides, I wasn't ever going to see those people at Mt. Rushmore, the Golden Gate Bridge or Old Faithful again....LOL.

When the grey got about 2" long, I stopped at a salon and said "start cutting and don't stop until it's all the same." Then I looked like Zippy the Pinhead for a while, but at least I had lost the "Skunk Creature" look.

All I can say is....thank goodness for hats and bandannas and people you'll never see again.
Wearing a face mask helps me feel no one knows who I am.

My hair used to be medium-dark brown with tons of red high lights. In the sun it looked red, in artificial light it looked brown. I started coloring it red years ago but when the gray started coming in it got an orange hue about it because I was using the golden. So I switched to light ash blonde. It puts just enough blonde in my gray hair to take out the gray. Ordered some from the drug store...ordered ASH blonde and they sent NATURAL blonde. Afraid if I use it my hair will come out orangish again and can't exchange it without going into the store. Maybe I should go ahead and use it. That will guarantee all the stores will open up before the color fades!

After years of colouring my hair with henna, I stopped 5 years ago but since my hairs over 3 feet long, I still have a bit of henna on the ends so it looks like an ombré. I had to do my roots every 10 days and anyone who has done henna before knows, it’s not a simple task. The great thing is that my natural colour is a light reddish brown but the outside layer is silver grey so there’s streaks through it that hold colours so well like pink , purple, blue , green etc. Here’s the blue, and pink.
View attachment 98421View attachment 98422
Your hair is gorgeous!

My hair is rarely longer than 4-5 inches so there isn’t a lot to grow out. I stopped coloring my hair when I didn’t have to go into the office anymore because of Covid. I haven’t colored it since but my wife would like me to start again because seeing me with gray hair makes her feel older. I’d rather wait until I know I have to go into the office again because once I start I have to color it about every 4 weeks.

Here’s a picture of me a little less than a month ago. There’s still a little color at the end of some of the hair.

https://www.seniorforums.com/thread...es-of-yourself-if-you-wish.50419/post-1447055

I think it look ridiculous when old men die their hair to look like shiny paint with not not grey hair anywhere to be found. Then they die their beard to the same extreme. We see many old TV preachers with that look.

Love the braided hairdo Keesha!
Since I only have a little gray hair mixed with brown, I usually just dye it dark blond so that it looks streaked. I've let it grow out for a couple of months. Now it has silver highlights, rather than dark gold.

My hair is the same way as yours, except I use Medium Blond for my color...Nice n Easy.

Back