Come for a Peaceful short meander up the river with me....

Very beautiful video. It must have been a very relaxing day. I'm wondering if you take the boat out yourself and bring it back to the dock. It looks like a pretty tight spot to get in and out of. I don't even parallel park my car. I can only imagine where the boat would end up if
i were steering it.

Very beautiful video. It must have been a very relaxing day. I'm wondering if you take the boat out yourself and bring it back to the dock. It looks like a pretty tight spot to get in and out of. I don't even parallel park my car. I can only imagine where the boat would end up if
i were steering it.

Oh yes absolutely we take the boats out ourselves, and return them to the marina.. ..they're our boats...and even if someone is to hire one, they'd still have to get it out and in again...:D

Thanks hollydolly, I enjoyed the boat ride, very nice! I'm a mellow fellow now.. :untroubled:
LOL..it does make you like that doesn't it ?..and that was only 6 minutes of the hour or so we were out.. It's very calming if you've had a stressful week, and don't forget that all along the canal every few miles there's a riverside pub..:D

Ronni, the long Blue boat is a Narrow boat ( or canal Boat)..sometimes known as a Barge... They are Houseboats. We have a 4 berth which is 70 feet long, that's the longest you can have.

there's a smaller one coloured green at the end of the video ...The narrow boats are only permitted on the Canals not on the open seas...

Most are moored up during the winter and don't go out, but now it's easter the waterways will get much busier with them, mostly hired ones for day trips and holidays throughout the summer

This is our own boat...

View attachment 64417

Wow. I lived in New Zealand for a time, the North Island. That boat looks very much like a houseboat I lived on while I was there. The one I lived on was shorter, but wider, with many similarities. It was a fun time in my life. I loved going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the water lapping the sides of the boat, and the gentle rocking.

It was permanently moored I think. There were other houseboats on the river that could be mobile.

Wow. I lived in New Zealand for a time, the North Island. That boat looks very much like a houseboat I lived on while I was there. The one I lived on was shorter, but wider, with many similarities. It was a fun time in my life. I loved going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the water lapping the sides of the boat, and the gentle rocking.

It was permanently moored I think. There were other houseboats on the river that could be mobile.

yes many have permanent moorings and never move from there, living constantly on the boat ... the one you stayed on Ronni was probably a Barge... ( many mistake narrowboats for barges) but barges tend to be shorter and wider :D

i were steering it.

Don't get me wrong Ruth, it's not the easiest of things to move a 70 foot 7 foot wide boat especially moving it backwards, lol... but yes we do have to get it in and out ourselves... , then there's the Locks to deal with every few miles... but I won't go into that at the moment.. all hard work!!..

let this video tell it's own story.....

Hehe! Tight fit, Holly. I was surprised that he didn't have any fenders out - then realized there probably isn't any room for them.
:lol1:

Back