Considering buying an " E" collar.

I lost my close friend of ten years a few years ago. I waited about a year and decided I wanted a dog around. Not a replacement just a new friendship. I found a 1 year old Yorkchi and adopted him. He was a cute little dude with a great personality. He was already potty trained. He was so full of energy I had a heck of a time keeping up with him. I took him out into the woods with me everyday and he was still a hand full. The worst part though was that he chewed everything in sight. He had plenty of chew toys an organic chewies and loved them but he would still chew up inappropriate items. Boots, boxes, shoes, electrical cords, clothes and furniture.

After he chewed up a pair of three hundred dollar hiking boots I knew I was going to have to find him a new home. I had grown to love the little fellow and it was not easy to let him go. I gave him to a very nice younger person who has a large fenced in back yard and a large house. He still sends me pics and keeps me updated on how Sgt. York is doing. Bottom line and most important is I think he is in good hands and has more opportunity to enjoy his life. If he is happy I am happy. I still miss him though.
Just a suggestion. Maybe it's time to let him go.

Last edited:
I lost my close friend of ten years a few years ago. I waited about a year and decided I wanted a dog around. Not a replacement just a new friendship. I found a 1 year old Yorkchi and adopted him. He was a cute little dude with a great personality. He was already potty trained. He was so full of energy I had a heck of a time keeping up with him. I took him out into the woods with me everyday and he was still a hand full. The worst part though was that he chewed everything in sight. He had plenty of chew toys an organic chewies and loved them but he would still chew up inappropriate items. Boots, boxes, shoes, electrical cords, clothes and furniture.

After he chewed up a pair of three hundred dollar hiking boots I knew I was going to have to find him a new home. I had grown to love the little fellow and it was not easy to let him go. I gave him to a very nice younger person who has a large fenced in back yard and a large house. He still sends me pics and keeps me updated on how Sgt. York is doing. Bottom line and most important is I think he is in good hands and has more opportunity to enjoy his life. If he is happy I am happy. I still miss him though.
Just a suggestion. Maybe it's time to let him go.
I guess he was just an "outside" dog? I occasionally see this guy walking his large Russian Wolfhound. He told me the dog was very active at first but now it's "calmed down". He lives in a small flat. You know what I'm thinking right?

EDIT: It's an Irish Wolfhound.

Last edited:
> Verisure

No both were inside dogs. I hike in the woods as often as possible and I like my dogs to be with me. True story, my Chihuahua Boo was a real bold fellow. I watched him tree a bear one time. The poor bear did not know what to do. Boo also like to go down in holes. I saw him enter a hole and you could here him under the ground many feet from the entrance.

When I used to hunt squirrels he would tree them for me and just set at the bottom of the tree until he heard me shoot. He would alert me when there was a snake around. I trained him not kill them. He chewed a lot when he was young but quit when he got all his adult teeth. I apologize if I hijacked the thread. I just could not help it. Lot's of fond memories.

kingboo.jpg

> Verisure

No both were inside dogs. I hike in the woods as often as possible and I like my dogs to be with me. True story, my Chihuahua Boo was a real bold fellow. I watched him tree a bear one time. The poor bear did not know what to do. Boo also like to go down in holes. I saw him enter a hole and you could here him under the ground many feet from the entrance.

When I used to hunt squirrels he would tree them for me and just set at the bottom of the tree until he heard me shoot. He would alert me when there was a snake around. I trained him not kill them. He chewed a lot when he was young but quit when he got all his adult teeth. I apologize if I hijacked the thread. I just could not help it. Lot's of fond memories.

View attachment 184561
He cuts a fine figure standing there!

Chef, it's a puppy, not a dog yet. It's acting like a puppy, not a dog. He will eventually stop being destructive, but only if he elects you the leader at some point. While you teach him to be well behaved by showing/voicing your disapproval, if you show him lots of affection and appreciation when he's a good boy, he will come around. Could take a few months or so.

Just remembered - a ball is a must-have. Pups have super-sharp teeth, so you want a ball that he can't chew up and possibly swallow bits of it or choke on them. He'll chew it up eventually, but you want one that will hold up for a while. A baseball is good if it's a real one (leather-covered), but whatever kind you get (or have) you gotta replace it soon as he starts chewing it apart.

Larger sized balls are good, too, if he can push them around. Like a basketball. He won't be able to sink his teeth into one of those.

The point is, pups do need lots of play, especially interactive play with "Daddy", but you can just sit and toss or roll a ball and let him run after it, then he'll play with it for a while and maybe bring it to you to toss it again.

... a ball is a must-have. Pups have super-sharp teeth, so you want a ball that he can't chew up and possibly swallow bits of it or choke on them. He'll chew it up eventually, but you want one that will hold up for a while. A baseball is good if it's a real one (leather-covered) .....
I've got one he can barrow that somebody called Lou Gehrig wrote his name on.

Back