Cool Vintage Ice-Cream Trucks....Loved That Tune!

Ahhh. Mister Softie. My little brother used to scam Mr. Softie all the time. He looked about 6 at the time. When he got his ice cream, he'd just turn and walk away, like he was too young to know you needed money. But he was supposed to use his allowance money, and he wasn't about to part with any of it- so he scammed Mr Softie. I was surprised the Mr. S. guy never caught on, by recognizing my brother.. Jimmy did it every night, alll summer long.

We used to have Good Humour ice cream trucks come by our neighbour every summer . Just the sound of those trucks coming into the neighbour caused all us kids to go running home to get money but my parents wouldn’t spring for ice cream so I’d stay in until they’d all finish their ice creams.
View attachment 102855View attachment 102856
I missed out on a few things, too, similar to your experience, and those experiences still haunt me to this day.

I missed out on a few things, too, similar to your experience, and those experiences still haunt me to this day.
It doesn’t haunt me. We were far from poor. It’s that frugal thing. 😏🤪Lol
Anyway we got .25 cents each Sunday for Sunday school offering. I’d put in the quarter and take back a dime or 15 cents to later go to the store so I was good. 🥳🤩

Last edited:
food-drink-ice_cream-ice_cream_van-ice_cream_man-ice_lollies-popcicles-ear0087_low.jpg

I recall very similar tunes coming out of the concession stand at the park we frequented as kids!

Really takes me back... such warm memories.

Back