Cost of getting hair cut

I cut my own hair (haven't been to a beauty parlor since August 2011) and have nothing but compliments when I do. I can't say whether the remarks are sincere or if my hair is so ugly, people are over-compensating. All I can say is that I am certainly not going to be in any beauty contests and if I make a boo-boo, it will grow out in a few weeks. I have wavy hair, too. A photo of me at the last senior's club Christmas party:

View attachment 73784

Wow Debo! You look FINE. That’s a great cut and you have gorgeous hair. The silver waves look fabulous

I have wavy hair, too. A photo of me at the last senior's club Christmas party:

Dec 2018a.jpg
Very nice

Looks really good

it's $15 at one of those walk-in places here. to me $15 for a haircut seems ridiculous. i usually trim my own bangs and the length. however, tonight i broke out THIS!
Barber-Clippers4.jpg

and cut my own hair short tonight. it's not perfect but i can manage with it.

I go to Just A Cut in McAllen, Texas and get charged $14.95; I usually give them a tip too. This last time I got a horrendous haircut and went back the following day to have someone else go over the layers.

Everything costs too much here in Boston. When I was working, I'd get a cut and my roots colored every 6 weeks, and it cost me $225. Which I thought was a lot, but all the salons downtown were expensive.

Now that we're retired, my sister and I go to a chain salon called Hair Cuttery. Another one around here is SuperCuts. If you just want a cut, it's about $18. If we get a shampoo, cut and blow dry it runs around $40. <UCH more reasonable.

My hair is easy to cut as I get it "High & Tite" don't matter to me if it burred really. I have them shave the sides and back so it is smoother than the babies bottom.
Usually get out the door from $20 to $50 depending on where it is cut.
This is for what I payed in Nigeria and now, Thank God back in Texas.
I do tip a good bit

$25. for a haircut. She blows it dry. They've never had a price list. Every few years, I've added a couple of dollars. I just did that, to help
with the extra clean-up, between customers...so $28.
I was scheduled, yesterday, but everything was closed down, again. Drat.

I live in a moderately sized city of approx. 150,000 in eastern Texas. For the past ten years or so I have had a standing appointment every 4 weeks for a hair cut and blow dry (same stylist). Cost is $40 plus I give a tip. At my last visit the stylist mentioned his next appointment that day was a lady who drove all the way from Houston (about 4 hours). He said he charged her $110 for cut, highlighting and blow dry. She was paying $250 for the same in Houston!

My 25 yo granddaughter spends $100 + each time she go’s to the hairdresser and IMO she has
nice hair without getting highlights and all the other extras

My 25 yo granddaughter spends $100 + each time she go’s to the hairdresser and IMO she has
nice hair without getting highlights and all the other extras
A hairdresser who gives you exactly what you ask for, is worth their weight in gold. They are not all created equal.

Every time I find one who does my hair as I want it, they move away! In the process of looking for a new hairdresser. Just not comfortable enough to go to the salon yet.

I live in a moderately sized city of approx. 150,000 in eastern Texas. For the past ten years or so I have had a standing appointment every 4 weeks for a hair cut and blow dry (same stylist). Cost is $40 plus I give a tip. At my last visit the stylist mentioned his next appointment that day was a lady who drove all the way from Houston (about 4 hours). He said he charged her $110 for cut, highlighting and blow dry. She was paying $250 for the same in Houston!
$40 for a haircut? Are the scissors made of gold or something?

Christ on a cracker! I'll shave my own head bald before I'll pay $40 for a haircut.

Actually that is less than the usual going rate around here unless you go to Great Clips or something like that. I just budget for it every month and go on with it. I hate fooling with my hair and I don't date try to cut it myself for fear it might turn out like this:

10EFDC33-A229-471C-9D82-FC5E8FBB525A.jpeg

Actually that is less than the usual going rate around here unless you go to Great Clips or something like that. I just budget for it every month and go on with it. I hate fooling with my hair and I don't date try to cut it myself for fear it might turn out like this:

View attachment 117565
mine actually didn't come out too bad.

I spend $25 on 1 hair cut per year but not this year though. I like to go to Hair Cuttery but they didn't open due to covid when my hair was too long so this year I cut my own hair. The result is similar to the 2nd picture so from now on I'll continue cutting my own hair. I've always colored it from home also. When my hair is about the length of the 1st picture then I get 1/3 to half length chop like the 2nd picture. These were taken yrs earlier.
a.jpgb.jpg

Our hair salons are still closed. I really need to get my hair cut, but I'm not sure I'd feel safe enough to go even if they were open. So I guess I'll just have to be shaggy for a while.
Ours have been open for about a month, but I'm still not comfortable with going. Think I'll wait a bit longer.

Back