Covid Has Returned to Rear Its Ugly Head

Paladin1950

Baseball Fan Forever!
Well, somehow 2 residents at the nursing home where I work, got Covid (maybe from a visitor). Well, it's mask wearing again. What's worse, the state inspectors are here, so we not only have to wear regular masks, but when we enter the room of one of the infected residents, we have to wear a N95 mask, along with gloves, gown, and a face shield. When I came to work Friday, and saw "Wear a mask" sign on the front door, I started swearing. I of course, waited until I finished my tirade, before entering the facility.

Well, somehow 2 residents at the nursing home where I work, got Covid (maybe from a visitor). Well, it's mask wearing again. What's worse, the state inspectors are here, so we not only have to wear regular masks, but when we enter the room of one of the infected residents, we have to wear a N95 mask, along with gloves, gown, and a face shield. When I came to work Friday, and saw "Wear a mask" sign on the front door, I started swearing. I of course, waited until I finished my tirade, before entering the facility.
Paladin1950 - I visit an old friend in a nursing home and I always have to test myself before entering. Her son rang to say he went yesterday and was told 18 residents have come down with CoVid. I said that there is no way I will be going there again, until the place was free of it.

We have a large medical network of doctors and hospitals in our area. They finally lifted the mask mandate in late April. While the mask mandate was on, they would not allow anyone in any of their facilities with a cloth mask. You could only enter wearing a KN95. If you didn’t have one, they supplied you one. When you left the building, it was requested that you deposit it into a container at the door. Each time you went into one of their facilities, they handed you a new one wrapped for your safety.

There was a statement at the door that “their” private labs have confirmed that cloth masks are unacceptable to controlling the Virus. ‘NEVER” wear a cloth mask to deter the COVID virus.” Those were the words on a sign as you left the building.

Last edited:
In March of this year I fell and broke 4 bones in my left leg. I was admitted to Toronto General Hospital. It turned out that my Hemoglobin ( red blood cells ) were very low, which caused me to lose my balance and fall down. I also was found to be suffering with second degree heart block, so I had a pacemaker implanted too. The unit I was in at TGH was shut down because the infection control people found Covid 19 on some of the patients. A ten day period of no transfers to other units or other hospitals. Everyone including both patients and floor staff were tested daily for 5 days. Covid 19 is still around, make no mistake about that. JimB.

As of yesterday, the count is at least 6 residents with Covid. 😡

I never got Covid and I still don't have it. Been up to the Yukon in 2021. Been up to Alaska in 2022. Been to Cuba for 2 months in 2023. Still healthy; still enjoying life and still wondering why young healthy people with strong resistance to diseases are walking around wearing those masks.

Either they have been watching too many movies or maybe they know something I don't. As the person said, "The only thing to fear is fear itself."

What made you think Covid went away? It's a virus that is here to stay, just ebb and flow. A couple, former neighbors of mine caught it for the third time last week. No, they never were hospitalized with it, but showed symptoms, tested positive each time.
More of us have developed an immunity to it, vaccines help, but like other viruses It's here to stay, though the variants are weaker.
Sorry you have to work in that environment. Thank you for the care you give to elders.

I never got Covid and I still don't have it. Been up to the Yukon in 2021. Been up to Alaska in 2022. Been to Cuba for 2 months in 2023. Still healthy; still enjoying life and still wondering why young healthy people with strong resistance to diseases are walking around wearing those masks.

Either they have been watching too many movies or maybe they know something I don't. As the person said, "The only thing to fear is fear itself."
You ate the food in Cuba for 2 months & survived? You deserve a medal sir🏅

as someone already pointed out we CANNOT kill every single microbe on the planet - they incubate - they hang around but most of us can't see them; feel them or fall foul of them - but they are still there together with the rest - flu germs ; HIV ; etc it would be a brave or stupid scientist who would say - "we got em all - Mr President"!!

I find that hard to believe. Are you sure about that ??? Care to cite a recent news article that states the fact ? JimB.
Good idea. I could ask someone who lives in BC. Oh right, that’s me and I was at the hospital a few days ago. Toronto isn’t the heart and soul of everything in Canada.

Actually, no one is saying that Covid is gone! It's around but so is cancer, the common cold, diabetes, strokes and heart attacks. With all these bad guys around, we only have 1 life and life is for the living. Can't hide under the bed shaking in fear forever!

I never got Covid and I still don't have it. Been up to the Yukon in 2021. Been up to Alaska in 2022. Been to Cuba for 2 months in 2023. Still healthy; still enjoying life and still wondering why young healthy people with resistance to diseases are walking around wearing those masks.

I agree the only thing to fear is fear itself but no one says this to anyone anymore. No one listens or values this point of view. It's a shame our leaders didn't have this "can do" attitude. It might have changed a lot for the better.

The "funny" thing (not really that funny) is that fear sells books, magazines, movies, lots of TV shows, news, etc.

Planes might fall down, comets might hit the earth, global warming will destroy millions, you might get shot, the food you eat has terrible things in it, your neighbours cannot be trusted, your teacher is abusing the kids, the police are abusive, you might die in a car/truck accident, cigarettes kill, covid is coming back, there are heart attacks waiting, drug abuse, a stroke will get you, your kids are gay or lesbians, booze will shorten your life, all our elected leaders are in it for the money and basically evil and there are wood ticks and all sorts of bad things in the woods.

If you are a follower of the media and believe all they say, then it's no use living. We all might as well just lay down and die. What is the use of trying? We are all doomed.

FORTUNATELY, I DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT THE MEDIA SHOVES DOWN MY THROAT!

The closest supermarket to me used to be open 24 hours. After COVID started, it went to 7 am to 11 pm hours. It never went back to being a 24 hour store. I was in there Thursday and they have the plastic barriers in the checkout lanes again and the clerk was wearing a mask.

Last edited:
Here in Canada it is the exact opposite, with every hospital and out patient clinic requiring N 95 masks be worn by both staff and patients, and visitors. It seems that the US is relaxing their stance, while Canada is not. JImB.
people are asked at all medical facilities here to wear a Mask... all the staff do.. but very few of the patients do, despite free masks being available at the entrance to every door.. I was at the Emergency room a coule of months ago, and while waiting I counted around 80 people, and only 3 or 4 including myself were wearing masks..

The closest supermarket to me used to be open 24 hours. After COVID started, it went to 7 am to 11 pm hours. It never went back to a 24 hour store. I was in there Thursday and they have the plastic barriers in the checkout lanes again and the clerk was wearing a mask.
Same here.,all our large supermarkets opened 24 hours a day 6 days of the week.. Covid put a stop to that, now they open 6am or 8am until Midnight..No-one wear a mask in the supermarket

Back