COVID19 latest numbers where you are

From the Virginia Dept of Health.....on March 31, 2020

17,589 People Tested
1,706 Total Cases
246 Hospitalizations
41 Deaths

It's probably way higher in every category by today :(

N.J. was predicted to follow New York City's numbers and looks like, unfortunately, it will. As of today there are 25,590 cases and 537 deaths. Here's what I posted Sunday (5 days ago):
Just read that we have 2,316 new cases in N.J. since yesterday which brings our total to 13,386. There were 21 deaths since yesterday for a total of 161 in N.J.
Among the latest to die were a middle school principal, a school's study team case manager, a firefighter and a doctor. The former two were young people, 48 & 43. The firefighter was 33 and the doctor was 60. šŸ˜­

Last edited:
Last updated April 2 at 6:30 p.m. ET.

There are 2,902 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ohio as of April 2, according to the state's department of health. Compared with other states, Ohio ranks in the middle of the pack for the most U.S. coronavirus cases. At least 802 people with COVID-19 are hospitalized in Ohio, with 260 of those admitted to the ICU.

There have been 81 coronavirus deaths in the state of Ohio. The first victim was Mark Wagoner, Sr., 76, a Toledo attorney who may have contracted the virus during a trip to California, according to WOSU Radio.

Nineteen patients at the Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber nursing home have been put in isolation after a medical professional who worked at the facility on a contract basis tested positive for the novel coronavirus, The Columbus Dispatch reported on Friday (March 27). Because the virus is particularly deadly for older people, incursions into long-term care facilities and nursing homes have proven particularly dangerous.

As I said, we are just getting started where I am. Not sure what will happen here.

Be safe all and will pray for you.

Today's numbers in Kansas. Our facility currently has 11 isolations and they are expecting things to ramp up this weekend because they have a transmission out of Walmart here. They made me take my mask off today. I was told that even if I bring my own...makes no difference. Until the CDC makes us wear them and not just suggest it...I am in danger.
https://public.tableau.com/profile/...OVID-19Data_15851817634470/KSCOVID-19CaseData

Hoping everyone here and their families stay healthy and can avoid this virus. @hollydolly , I hope your hubby is feeling better.

April 3, 5:00 p.m. update:
Here are some of the latest numbers on COVID-19 in Colorado from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

• 4,173 cases*
  • 823 hospitalized
  • 53 counties
  • 22,071 people tested
  • 111 deaths
  • 27 outbreaks at residential and non-hospital health care facilities

*According to CDPHE: ā€œPositive cases include people who tested positive, as well as cases where epidemiological investigation has determined that there is a high likelihood that an untested individual has COVID-19 due to their symptoms and close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.ā€

https://www.coloradoindependent.com/2020/04/03/colorado-coronavirus-first-cases/

I keep waiting for them to tell us that it's slowing down. That this isolating we're putting ourselves through is actually doing something.

In my county of approx. 450,000 we have 364 confirmed cases, 246 active cases, 113 recovered, and 5 deaths.

I think that these low numbers reflect the limited testing that has been done.

The thing that I'm trying to understand is that after we hit the peak/flatten the curve how long we will need to continue to self-quarantine.

Will we need to wait until we have 14 days with no new cases?

I'm in Florida. As of 4/5/20, we have:

12,350 Florida Cases
221 Deaths
101 cases in my county of which 11 are in my zip code

Like Aunt Bea, I think the limited testing has kept the numbers low. Our county is next door to Orange County (Orlando), the county with more cases than any other in Central Florida. Even they have limited testing, but if they didn't, I'm sure the number of cases there would go through the roof. We are more rural and suburban out here, but I'm sure we'll get some spillover from being next to Orange County.

@Red Cinders they were talking about that in the Washington Post. They think there's way more deaths than the count is revealing because they've been so skimpy with the tests. Plus, they are saying the tests are giving false negatives so, they may have a way higher number than even they know.

Our count today was 747 cases with 22 deaths.

One in our facility died. 60 yr old. We got our 6th case. Only 5 in isolation today as opposed to 11 yesterday.

Confirmed Cases in Ohio

Number of ICU admissions

Number of Hospitalizations in Ohio

Number of Deaths

<1ā€“101
Age Range

Median Age

48%*
Sex - Males

52%*
Sex-Females

Plus a newborn baby has tested positive and they don't know if she was born with it or not.

Connecticut on 4/6/20
Cases 6906, up1231 since yesterday

Laboratory-Confirmed COVID-19-Associated Deaths 206 +17 Statewide

Patients Currently Hospitalized with COVID-191221 +79

Patients tested for COVID-1926686 +3416

Hartford County
21 deaths
882 cases

The thing that I'm trying to understand is that after we hit the peak/flatten the curve how long we will need to continue to self-quarantine.
What scared me was when my said it's not a given that it will drop immediately after the peak....the peak might plateau for awhile... :eek: Don't mean to scare you dear Aunt Bea, but better to be prepared.

Back