Cowboy Heros

William S Hart started it all. He had his pinto Fritz, right back in the 1910s, so it’s a long tradition.
HartFritz.jpg

They both aged, sadly

Rose,
Very interesting read, I enjoyed that.Thank you for posting. My favorite actor of that series was Ken Curtis, Festus. Unfortunately, I did not see his name or character mentioned in that article or his predecessor "Chester". Perhaps I just Missed it.

Nineteenth-century American folk song "Home on the Range" (lyrics by Dr. Brewster M. Higley, music by Daniel E. Kelley) performed by Jesse Ferguson on guitar. I'm performing the lyrics as originally written in Higley's poem.

Alfred "Lash" LaRue
MV5BN2RjZTFhMjMtOTQ3MS00MTZiLThkYzEtOTI1NzQzZjBiNzg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDMxMjQwMw@@._V1_UX140_CR0,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

Horse: Black Diamond

Lash LaRue
Actor | The Dark Power

He looked so much like superstar Humphrey Bogart that character actress Sarah Padden asked if the two were related. LaRue said he didn't think so. After a long pause studying the young actor's face, she asked, "Did your mother ever meet Humphrey Bogart?"

Alfred "Lash" LaRue was born in Louisiana (...

The Lonesome Art of Cowboy Coffee
Sprudge-CowboyCoffee-AnnaBrones-Cowboy-Coffee-2.Credit-Shannon-Keller-Rollins-768x558.jpg

“Cowboy coffee is to the coffee world what grunge music was to classic rock: they both serve somewhat the same purposes, but one does so while rejecting well-developed systems of process and taste.”

Sprudge-CowboyCoffee-AnnaBrones-Cowboy-Coffee-1.Credit-Shannon-Keller-Rollins.jpg

"The cold-water step is where recipes on cowboy coffee can differ. Some call for crushed eggshells, which help the grounds to sink faster to the bottom, and because eggshells are alkaline, they can also reduce the acidity levels. There’s also the sock method: putting your grounds in a sock to act as a filter. Rollins has strict opinions on both of these things. “Who wore the sock before you put it in?” he asks, before adding, “I like my eggs and coffee separate.”

Back