customers that eat food at a restaurant then later tell their bank they did not make the purchase

macgeek

small mom and pop run restaurant near me. they sell breakfast and lunch stuff mostly.. the owner was telling me this morning why they make people sign the debit and credit card receipts if the bill is over $5 or if its a customer they don't recognize.

turns out one person ordered $80 worth of food. Paid for it with a card, signed the receipt. Ate the food, no complaints. Then I guess at home when they realized they had no money or little money (or they were going to over draw their account), told the bank they did not make that purchase.

Of course when the owner showed them the receipt that they signed at the restaurant.... busted. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It is also a serious misdemeanor that could result in some jail time, but no prison and maybe a small fine up to a $1000.00. Not to mention legal expenses. All for $80.00?

I’m beginning to think that dishonesty is becoming more contagious and prevalent SINCE the Virus and THAN the virus.

Back