Decided to buy an Echo Dot with Alexa

Marie5656

I have always kind of wanted one, so thought I would take advantage of Prime Day early deals and ordered a small one. The sale price plus my Discover cash back bonus I am using gets me the thing for under $20. I was wanting one for the option to listen to music, and get recipes.
Plus I have "chatted" with Alexa before, on my tablet and she is interesting, and can be funny if you ask the right questions.

I have already committed to the Alexa, but why do you like Google better? I use the Google feature on my phone, and I do kind of like it.
I thought Alexa was ok when we first got it.. but then I noticed that there was a lot of stuff that it didn't know which was pretty common knowledge, historical stuff, geographical etc or she'd give me a wrong answer.. and it started to irritate me!!

When we got Google Home, I started to compare their answers and GH, is far more ''knowledgeable'' than the Echo dot..I get fed up with Alexa saying ''hmmm I don't know that one''..whereas GH can answer extensively to the same question... so GH wins for me... .. ..except..when it comes to mathematics..!!!... I'm good at Maths, but I've tested both of them against each other , and Amazon echo wins hands down compared to Google Home!

Last edited:

Back