Did The CDC Just Admit Vaccines Don't Work? That's What It Looks Like

since the CDC has been stupidly slow to ramp up antibody testing.

Edit Note: I was just again asked the following question: If the vaccines don't work as was advertised, whey are they being pushed so hard? There is a sign atop my computer tower given to me by IBM in the days of Tom Watson that says "DENKE"
Well, we have found an area of agreement. The CD is terribly slow in getting testing done and assembling the statistics. And, after a year and a half there is no excuse for it. Just today I heard an interview with Dr. Gottlieb bemoaning the fact that we have to get a lot of badly needed information from the UK and Israel rather than gathering it ourselves. Just to rub salt in the wound, an acquaintace in the UK tells me he buys Covid tests to see if he has been exposed for about one Euro (about $1.20) a test. He tests his entire family once or twice a week.

OTOH, "If the vaccines don't work as was advertised, whey are they being pushed so hard?" Emphasis added by me.

I think the above statement starts from a false premise. The vaccines work very well as advertised. They were developed on information about the early forms of corona virus and they were very effective in preventing the Covid disease in people who got infected. They also reduced the threat of spreading the disease. There was never a claim of 100% effectiveness. In fact the virus had several new and more dangerous variants that the vaccine still did a good job of crushing. Not perfect, but good.

Now we have a new variant that is many times more infectious. The situation has changed quite a bit more than previously. The current vaccines are still very effective at preventing serious illness and death. But, they are not as good at preventing infections and spreading the disease. I don't agree that can be interpreted as not working as advertised.
My two cents.

Back