Did wisdom come with age?

Nihil

Every day I look back to yesterday and realize I had been an idiot.

RadishRose

I seem to have absorbed more trivia than actual wisdom. But I think I've acquired some, anyway. I don't think one can help but pick up some wisdom along the way. Especially if the way was rocky.

Seeker

Redneck Hillbilly
I think wisdom comes with experience..so yes it has come with age.

I may not have much in all arenas.....but I have enough for me.

Olivia

I don't believe that wisdom necessarily comes with age. It can, but only if one is constantly exploring and learning what there is to learn in life. It requires curiosity, desire, and a bit of effort.

Rosemarie

Depends what you mean by wisdom. I understand people better now, something which comes with age and experience, but I still make the same mistakes.

Gary O'

Yeah

I think so

I no longer try so many audacious things

Rare to get wisdom any other way than by living long enough, seems

However, it’s not automatic

A sardonic poster I created awhile back;

Well first of all rapid advances in technology has made a lot of the knowledge that us old folks acquired obsolete.

And second of all, in spite of the fact that so many of us boomers are nostalgic for the good old "Leave it to Beaver" days, the culture of those times upon which many of our "values" were based was marked by racism, homophobia, misogyny, and sexual repression, all of which were bullshit. So rather than "wise" many of us are just narrow minded old curmudgeons.

gennie

No, not from age but from curiosity and interest in the world beyond my own nose and to have the courage to explore it.