Did You Accomplish Anything Today?

woke up to temps in the 30's this morning! BRRR! now at almost 4, temps in 60's.

started cleaning up houseplants that are outside. have a few herb-ish things that won't make it thru winter if it gets REALLY cold for a long time... rosemary, Mexican oregano, sage, bay laurel, lavender. got about half cleaned up and in their indoor home till spring.

We didn’t do a darn thing today. Last night my wife hit her big toe on the steps and today it’s a pretty blue. Told her to rest it today and see how it looks tomorrow.
Same here, got exactly nothing done. I hope her big toe gets better! I sure know what that feels like.

I went and got my flu shot today, literally before the crack of dawn (6:00 AM). Sort of a surreal experience. Of course most everything nowdays is sort of surreal, as far as I'm concerned. You sort of slink in, do what you gotta do and slink out again -- no social interaction, no chatting, nothing at all, just keep your distance and move anonymously along behind your mask.

I spent the morning writing a new blog post. Then did my regular household chores but nothing extra. Spent the afternoon watching Highway to Heaven with Michael Landon. First time watching it. The first episode was great.......helping people in a nursing home! If you haven't seen it you should.

I spent the morning writing a new blog post. Then did my regular household chores but nothing extra. Spent the afternoon watching Highway to Heaven with Michael Landon. First time watching it. The first episode was great.......helping people in a nursing home! If you haven't seen it you should.
That's a good show I've watched it and really liked it.

So far today I had coffee, made my bed, cleaned the bunny cage, cook and ate breakfast, took my garbage out and rode around the park on Jazzy. Back at my computer so I made a nail appointment for the end of this week and now will start something cooking for supper for later.
That sounds like a fun time getting out to the park I haven't done that in quite a while.

My big accomplishment is about to happen. Having a cranial cat scan in one hour after my fall over the weekend. Nothing like waiting nearly a week. My son will be horrified when he initially sees me. I've tried to prepare him that my face is all black and blue, and not to get too upset.
Hoping the scan shows that all is well, Lewkat, and that the damage is limited to bumps and bruises.

Yesterday, I went in to the medical company I do sort term contracts for every year since I retired, and helped them get a new project off the ground. This morning, I signed up for a year of guitar lessons focusing on arranging for solo instrumental guitar - pop tunes, standards, etc. I am always seeking to improve in this area. So now, moving forward, I will have the incentive to get arrangements done and a coach to critique these in a positive and productive manner.

Every day, I accomplish something, which may be as simple as getting my wife through the day and to appointments, or getting an engineering project off the ground, or writing another arrangement for the guitar. I am always doing something.

Tony

Back