Did You Know - Share Interesting Facts About Our Universe...

The idea is it explodes, expands and contracts to the point of nothing then the whole thing starts over.
Yes, I have heard this theory too. It would explain how the universe has existed for an infinite amount of time, like a rubber band expanding/contracting over and over. I can comprehend the idea of the "big bang," but what is the trigger that makes it start contracting?

I love those guys! However, I do believe that theoretical physicists drink way too much, on their lunch hour. I mean, who the hell came up with String Theory??? Yea, somebody's smokin' something! 😜
Next time I'm on my desktop, probably in the morning, i'll find the video of NDT talking about how the new theory that we're actually living in a 'simulation' had him a bit concerned, because he couldn't disprove it conclusively, until he found a way to see the odds of it statistically lower/smaller.

That comedian friend of his that is often on Star Talk with him is in it and even asrtutely hypothesized that if we were in simulation that would be a good reason for the speed limit of nothing can travel faster than light. Gives the programmer(s) time to add stuff. My DD got a big kick out of that-- she has several Sims packs and plays both Star Trek and survivalist games. Said he had a point.

I dunno what all is called 'ftl' faster than light does not mean going faster than the speed of light, but more likely faster than light can go,,,,i.e. what is referred to as a 'jump' or you drop out of normal space into subspace,,,einstein noted it was like bending space until the two points start and end were very close together than you jumped the space inbetween.like the movie dune..

I dunno what all is called 'ftl' faster than light does not mean going faster than the speed of light, but more likely faster than light can go,,,,i.e. what is referred to as a 'jump' or you drop out of normal space into subspace,,,einstein noted it was like bending space until the two points start and end were very close together than you jumped the space inbetween.like the movie dune..
That's the theory--that it might be possible via 'wormholes', but scientists have yet to solve the problem of finding and safely traveling thru a wormhole. Some think they are somehow connected to Black Holes, but everything they know about Black Holes currently says anything that moves into the hole, beyond the 'event horizon' would be reduced to atoms with no coherence. Doubt we'll live long e enough heck i'm not even sure 'terran civilization' as we know it will survive long enough for there to be calls for volunteers to test the prototypes for attempting such travel.

Last edited:
I love those guys! However, I do believe that theoretical physicists drink way too much, on their lunch hour. I mean, who the hell came up with String Theory??? Yea, somebody's smokin' something! 😜
But the math bears it out. So, whether it's the truth of reality or not, it definitely needs consideration.

And what of Relativity? And Quantum Mechanics? They're about as way out as you can get -- right along with String Theory.

When you look at stars in the sky, you're actually looking back in time. Also did you know:
Light takes so long to reach Earth that by the time we see the light from the stars, years have passed. The exact time depends on how far away the star is.
Yes, indeed, by the time we see a nova or supernova, the star may have long since become a White Dwarf, a Black Dwarf, a Neutron Star or a Black Hole depending on it's initial mass. Personally i don't want to be close enough to see the stars' changing in real time, not in the flesh anyway.

Almost all galaxies in the universe have their own black hole at the center. Scientists have made various theories in an effort to explain a black hole's origin, operation, and occurrence.

However, it was not until 2019 that a black hole was successfully photographed. It is challenging to takes photos of a black hole because they consume light and are a bit shy to the telescopes.

Scientists used a radio astronomy technique to capture the outline of the black hole, which is situated in the center of the M87 galaxy with a mass of 6.5 billion times of the sun. Approximately, the black hole is 3 million times the size of the Earth.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/news/2019/4/19/how-scientists-captured-the-first-image-of-a-black-hole/

Back