Did you move out of state after you retired?

I l
No. I considered moving to be nearer the kids but I know several people who have done that only to find that after selling their house, moving everything, all at great expense, the kids move again to another place. I like were I Live. The kids like to visit me there. So I am staying.

thanks to weather differences visiting each other is usually a nice experience for the visitor.
I'll update my above remark with this.... Recently, one of my children who moved out of state has said that they would all like to move nearer to me, perhaps to a city that is an easy one day 6 hour drive from me instead of 2.5 day drive by car, or an expensive 3 hour flight with an expensive car rental at the end of it. So my caution is already paying off.

是的,当我退休时,我将搬出加利福尼亚并环游世界。这是我的愿望清单之一。我绝对想做的事情,看看世界上所有美丽的地方,经历各种各样的人和事,这很酷。让我永远保持积极年轻的心态

是的,当我退休时,我将搬出加利福尼亚并环游世界。这是我的愿望清单之一。我绝对想做的事情,看看世界上所有美丽的地方,经历各种各样的人和事,这很酷。让我永远保持积极年轻的心态
Translation for those of us who can't read Chinese:

"Yes, when I retire, I will move out of California and travel the world. This is one of my wish lists. It's cool to definitely want to do things that I want to do, see all the beautiful places in the world and experience all kinds of people and things. Let me always maintain a positive and youthful mindset."

I never seriously considered leaving. But we're a pretty big state and I considered moving to the other end, way up north. I imagined some quaint folksy lakeside town where we all helped each other out and in the Winters drove our snowmobiles and 4-wheelers down the main drag. With a pension and Social Security I could almost have been the town philanthropist... ok, that's exaggerated.

But then 2008 hit, they lost their meager industry, and a lot of the town folded up and nearly blew away with the lost tourism dollars.

I never seriously considered leaving. But we're a pretty big state and I considered moving to the other end, way up north. I imagined some quaint folksy lakeside town where we all helped each other out and in the Winters drove our snowmobiles and 4-wheelers down the main drag. With a pension and Social Security I could almost have been the town philanthropist... ok, that's exaggerated.

But then 2008 hit, they lost their meager industry, and a lot of the town folded up and nearly blew away with the lost tourism dollars.
I was born in Detroit (in 1946) but was raised in Bay City. Are you close by?

Back