Did your parents ever have an argument about one particular thing that you still remember to this day?

I never heard my parents argue. My father was not a man of many words, when he was home anyway. And my mother was a sweet and easy going as she could be. My father and I had a big argument though after which I moved out.

I never heard my step-parents argue, but my step-mom did let my step-dad know when he'd fall asleep during the church sermon. And, after church, it didn't take dear old step-dad very long to start cussing about something. Saying the Lord's name in vain, in the church driveway, didn't cut it with step-mom and she'd let him know it. Unfortunately, step-dad was really the "mancho" type and brushed her off.

He didn't like going to church, but step-mom couldn't drive. The week after I graduated high school, I moved out!

My parents had a loveless marriage. My dad was controlling and mentally, and sometimes physically, cruel to my mom who was a very sweet person. He complained about everything and we never knew when he would explode. One day he was upset that the house wasn't clean enough (it wasn't spotless but it was pretty clean and tidy) and he grabbed a big box of Legos and tossed them all over the living room floor.

When I was about 7 I overheard an argument where my dad said if he had it to do over he would rather marry someone who was more sexy even if she didn't take as good care of the kids. This was after my mom had had 9 pregnancies with 6 miscarriages, 1 stillborn, and only two surviving children.

BTW, he did get the chance to "do it over" since my mom died from breast cancer at age 45. His second wife was a drunk and a floozy who took him for many thousands of dollars on nonsense before he divorced her...then there was wife #3.

Back