Do You Believe in an Eternal Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What loving God would condemn anyone for eternity?

One who has been rejected by unbelievers. One who refuses to accept evil in the kingdom of heaven. That's what God.
I agree Marci and I think this is also a good answer for
"What loving God would condemn anyone for eternity" (source posted below)

God is not only love, but He is perfect justice as well. Justice requires adequate payment for crimes committed. The only just punishment for high treason against our perfect Creator is eternal separation from Him. That separation means the absence of goodness, light, relationship, and joy, which are all facets of God’s nature.

To excuse our sin would require God to be less than just, and to allow sin-tainted humans into His perfect heaven would render that place less than perfect. That’s why only the perfect Son of God could go to the cross in our place. Only His perfect blood was an acceptable payment for the debt we each owe God (Colossians 2:14). When we refuse Jesus as our substitute, we must pay the price ourselves (Romans 6:23).

God gave us the freedom to choose how we respond to Him. If He forced us to love Him, we would be robots. To give us no option but obedience would be a violation of our free will.

Here is the full answer for those interested: https://www.gotquestions.org/loving-God-send-someone-hell.html

If Heaven or Hell do not exist, Evolution fully explains where man came from, and that I can't buy. The human body is so medically and scientifically complex how can it form from simple microbes?

If there is no after-life concern, Hitler faced NO punishment for the murder of millions, including tens of thousands of innocent children, since has was not alive for the Nuremberg trials.

The ancient Codes, Justinian, Hammurabi, Draco, were meant as deterents to evil just as the 10 commandments mandate. If we generally accept philosophies of after-life like Pascal's Wager, were covered.

BILLIONS of people follow some Divinity, while there are not Billions of doubters.

Does this mean you have to believe or not believe in a Christian God to enter Heaven? NO imo. If a person leads a good life, obeys the morals of society and the 10 commandment's, even if they do not believe, do they go to Hell when they die. NO, imo. That's where the Dogma of Purgatory enters in.

Let's assume a Higher, greater power exists that created Mankind, that is billions of individual human brains.

Let's look under a microscope at some sperm and ovum. How can that glob of gloop, as some call it, transform into bones, a heart, two eyes and ears, liver, stomach, pancreas legs, feet, larynx, etc., especially inside the Womb, by Evolution??

So yes, I believe in a GOD and eternal punishment for the unredeemed evil and wicked.

All the evils of society are putrid to me. I do not rape, murder, kidnap, molest anyone, steal, fool around with the neighbor's wife, etc.

He's already chosen all of us. He's just waiting for us to choose Him in return. On judgement day I want to be recognized as one of His children. I have no desire to be separated from the only one whose ever really truly loved me. On that note...I am bowing out of this discussion.

Let's look under a microscope at some sperm and ovum. How can that glob of gloop, as some call it, transform into bones, a heart, two eyes and ears, liver, stomach, pancreas legs, feet larynx, etc., especially inside the Womb, by Evolution??
It's akin to taking a watch apart,
putting all the teeny weeny parts in a bag
and shaking it

Expecting a watch to appear after a few bazillion years

🌹🌷🌹🌷I had a religious upbringing and for which I am eternally grateful because I feel it has been a blue print on how I should conduct my life. I believe in a Spiritual Power that is so divine and so powerful and cannot imagine my life without this belief...I choose to call that Divine Power God or Father.

However, I also accept other religions and other beliefs ..I will not dispute anyone when they say they believe or not. Having said all the above, I have relaxed views about the Bible, which I might add I almost know by heart having been educated in a Catholic convent school.

As far as anyone is aware, Jesus never left us even a single page of writing.
Indeed, in all the New Testament, Jesus did not even command His apostles and disciples to spread His Gospel through the written words.
The sixty-six books that make up the Bible were written over a span of approximately 1,100 years …there were over 40 authors of the Bible. As is normal with authors, many wrote as they saw fit. Who knows what is true or what is written with poetic license, particularly when it comes to "eternal hell
."
🌹🌷🌹🌷

Last edited:
If you wanna get biblical;

There is a hell
There's no endless burning in agony
There'll be some
Then gone......for eternity

There's choices to be made

It's kinda like partying all yer life, then, getting cirrhosis of the liver

Yer gonna die...forever.....there's some agony involved

No condemnation
He gave the dearest He had

His Son died the eternal death....
That's why the agony in the garden
......the separation from The Father
Death

I had trouble with this for awhile
I mean, I have friends who gave their lives for others

But, God the Son......died the eternal one

So we could live

It's our choice
And also some don't party their entire life and get cirrhosis of the liver just to clarify that.

Who knows what is true or what is written with poetic license, particularly when it comes to "eternal hell."
🌹🌷🌹🌷
That's where faith comes in. God wants us to "Study thyself to be approved". He didn't want to make it too clear. He wants us engaged in it. If you cross-reference and read everything in context then there are absolutely no contradictions...it's amazing. That's why the Bible has lasted this long...in fact, it's been at the top of the best-sellers list since it was first written.

I didn't know that Jesus never commanded his disciples to write down his words, as you say, but I don't see where that was necessary since the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit. They just wanted to share and spread the good news (that the prophesy of the coming of the Messiah had been fullfilled and our sins were now forgiven for believers). So it just happened via the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
🌹🌷🌹🌷I had a religious upbringing and for which I am eternally grateful because I feel it has been a blue print on how I should conduct my life. I believe in a Spiritual Power that is so divine and so powerful and cannot imagine my life without this belief...I choose to call that Divine Power God or Father.

However, I also accept other religions and other beliefs ..I will not dispute anyone when they say they believe or not. Having said all the above, I have relaxed views about the Bible, which I might add I almost know by heart having been educated in a Catholic convent school.

As far as anyone is aware, Jesus never left us even a single page of writing.
Indeed, in all the New Testament, Jesus did not even command His apostles and disciples to spread His Gospel through the written words.
The sixty-six books that make up the Bible were written over a span of approximately 1,100 years …there were over 40 authors of the Bible. As is normal with authors, many wrote as they saw fit. Who knows what is true or what is written with poetic license, particularly when it comes to "eternal hell
."
🌹🌷🌹🌷
Amen to what you’ve written. 😍

The Bible is a sort of history book of the people’s beliefs of the time period, divinely inspired so to speak IMO. The Ten Commandants, written on stone, are the only writings that come close, IMO, to being the writing of God, of a GOD. Many of the books of the Bible that were discovered were disapproved of by the early Catholic Church and burned.

Later books have been discounted. I was raised Southern Baptist amd my dear grandmother took me to many tent revivals during my early years. Those revivals are well represented in the older black and white movies as far as “believers and Bible thumpers” are concerned. Religion was black and white for them.

A great many people are “woke” now about the Bible being a history book, I agree with what you have said, very well written.

That's where faith comes in. God wants us to "Study thyself to be approved". He didn't want to make it too clear. He wants us engaged in it. If you cross-reference and read everything in context then there are absolutely no contradictions...it's amazing. That's why the Bible has lasted this long...in fact, it's been at the top of the best-sellers list since it was first written.

I didn't know that Jesus never commanded his disciples to write down his words, as you say, but I don't see where that was necessary since the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit. They just wanted to share and spread the good news (that the prophesy of the coming of the Messiah had been fullfilled and our sins were now forgiven for believers). So it just happened via the Holy Spirit.

I appreciate your comment Lara...but we shall just have to agree to disagree on some things. Have a blessed Easter :)

If Heaven or Hell do not exist, Evolution fully explains where man came from, and that I can't buy. The human body is so medically and scientifically complex how can it form from simple microbes?

If there is no after-life concern, Hitler faced NO punishment for the murder of millions, including tens of thousands of innocent children, since has was not alive for the Nuremberg trials.

The ancient Codes, Justinian, Hammurabi, Draco, were meant as deterents to evil just as the 10 commandments mandate. If we generally accept philosophies of after-life like Pascal's Wager, were covered.

BILLIONS of people follow some Divinity, while there are not Billions of doubters.

Does this mean you have to believe or not believe in a Christian God to enter Heaven? NO imo. If a person leads a good life, obeys the morals of society and the 10 commandment's, even if they do not believe, do they go to Hell when they die. NO, imo. That's where the Dogma of Purgatory enters in.

Let's assume a Higher, greater power exists that created Mankind, that is billions of individual human brains.

Let's look under a microscope at some sperm and ovum. How can that glob of gloop, as some call it, transform into bones, a heart, two eyes and ears, liver, stomach, pancreas legs, feet, larynx, etc., especially inside the Womb, by Evolution??

So yes, I believe in a GOD and eternal punishment for the unredeemed evil and wicked.

All the evils of society are putrid to me. I do not rape, murder, kidnap, molest anyone, steal, fool around with the neighbor's wife, etc.

Quoting ohioboy: “The human body is so medically and scientifically complex how can it form from simple microbes?”

How indeed! This is how!

We are all microbes...we started life in the ocean billions of years ago. How can anyone look at the fertilization of a human egg and not understand that!

Last edited:

The Holy Ghost was renamed the Holy Spirit because the word ghost scared the little children 😂. Just saying. Not every religion recognizes the Bible, or recognizes both testaments of the Bible, and not everyone on SF or in the world is Christian.

The Bible is the best selling book in the world because Christian organizations buy the Bible in multiple forms and give those bibles away as they try to convert the world to Christianity. It’s not individuals buying those bibles up as if the word of God is the latest greatest murder mystery ever written. 😂

The Bible is full of contradictions, IMO, as experts have noted. I have my own little personal drama going on so I may have missed your answer to the question in the thread. Do you believe in an eternal hell?

Last edited:
Eternal separation from God, not literally roasting over an open fire, but similarly agonizing once you understand the enormity and permanency of having made such a choice
The eternal separation from FAMILY would be agonizing once you “understand the enormity and permanency of having made such a choice”. That is the danger, IMO.

*Handshake* Dana ☺️

Aneeda, regarding contradictions in the Bible, IMO there are none when read in context and cross referenced. God reveals the truth but everyone receives it in a different way...including "experts". Unless they have been filled with the Holy Spirit (including theologians) before reading the Bible then the Bible says they are "blinded to the truth" and further warns to "beware of wolves in sheeps clothing". I say this according to my faith and we can disagree.

*Handshake* Dana ☺️

Aneeda, regarding contradictions in the Bible, IMO there are none when read in context and cross referenced. God reveals the truth but everyone receives it in a different way...including "experts". Unless they have been filled with the Holy Spirit (including theologians) before reading the Bible then the Bible says they are "blinded to the truth" and further warns to "beware of wolves in sheeps clothing". I say this according to my faith and we can disagree.
And we do, disagree and there is nothing wrong with that

In my opinion, the fact that the Bible is so filled with frustrating contradiction is the very reason why I could never finish it. It’s certainly some of the most confusing literature ever written. Again, in my opinion. I do however think it has some very beautifully written relatable verses . These lessons are also shared in other books besides the Bible.

I sometimes get confused reading the Bible too, but I know in my heart that God is not the author of confusion. So I pray first and ask him to open my eyes, fill me with his Holy Spirit, clean me up inside, and then reveal to me what he wants me to know.

If I'm still confused then I become pro-active and start studying, cross-referencing, and maybe going to someone I trust like my pastor to discuss it. There's one online source I really trust and that's GotQuestions.org.

I think that's why the Bible leaves us with many questions....He wants us to "study to show ourselves approved" 2Timothy 2:15

I sometimes get confused reading the Bible too, but I know in my heart that God is not the author of confusion. So I pray first and ask him to open my eyes, fill me with his Holy Spirit, clean me up inside, and then reveal to me what he wants me to know.

If I'm still confused then I become pro-active and start studying, cross-referencing, and maybe going to someone I trust like my pastor to discuss it. There's one online source I really trust and that's GotQuestions.org.

I think that's why the Bible leaves us with many questions....He wants us to "study to show ourselves approved" 2Timothy 2:15
But not everyone believes in the Bible -you should be sensitive to other religious beliefs or disbeliefs. I urge you again, to start you own thread on your beliefs where people who want to comment can and be free to agree or disagree with you.

The question, on this thread, is do you believe in eternal hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back