Do you believe there will be lasting changes to our lives, stemming from covid 19?

I don't think that when the "all clear" is sounded, we are going to resume our lives exactly as we did before the virus. I think the virus scared the hell out of us, and there are going to be lasting changes. I think cleanliness in restaurants, hotels ,etc. is going to be a big issue. And, because the response to covid 19 is now a political issue, this will be a "wedge" issue for many years.
Do you believe there will be lasting changes to our lives, stemming from covid 19?

I think it will change the way people think about work. If you can work from home, then that will drastically affect more than a few companies. Do they even need office space anymore? If you can work from home, could you change where you live? Work out of New York, but live in Ohio? Oh yes, this is going to change a lot of things. My SIL works for a brokerage and has been working from home. No hour long commute into Austin, no fighting traffic.

The longer it drags out the more it will change our habits, and they may never revert to what they were before.

If many people continue to work from home, companies will decide that there is no reason to pay big rents for office space.

It will be incumbent on workers to be able to work with less supervision. This will need to be taught by educators.

Yes! I think this pandemic will change the world forever. There’s talk of vaccines but viruses evolve and change to survive like every other species. I don’t think there will ever be a going back to normal. Sad to say but I believe this IS our normal.

How people work, how people entertain, how people interact and communicate will all be different.

Even our movies and television shows will be made differently and they already are.

I think everyone will ‘need’ brownies. Lol 😆

I don't think that when the "all clear" is sounded, we are going to resume our lives exactly as we did before the virus. I think the virus scared the hell out of us, and there are going to be lasting changes. I think cleanliness in restaurants, hotels ,etc. is going to be a big issue. And, because the response to covid 19 is now a political issue, this will be a "wedge" issue for many years.
I hope and pray for lasting change.

Have to agree about working. I think a number of people will prefer to work at home but video conferencing was available years ago, it just never seemed to take off. Sometimes ones needs a trigger factor to make use of what we already have. (Hope I'm making some sense) There are benefits to climate change etc etc. Perhaps this is a wake up call. Do we need to consume all that we do and have it shipped from 'far away'? I really hope we can take a step back and recognise that we don't 'need' all that we have. There is a big difference between 'need' and 'want'. I hope the world can see that difference.

In addition I am concerned about the behaviour of some who do not abide by the 'rules' re coronovirus, which suggests to me we live in an unstable 'nation' and we have individuals who believe they have a right to do what they want when they want and however they want. If they can't abide by social distancing, wearing face coverings etc (as is determined by mandate) what will be their mentality in the future.

My o/h went out on his bike the other evening , it wasn't 'stolen' but police footage showed some yobos had decided to lift the bike up where it was chained throw it back on the ground and then ride over it with their bikes. As my o/h agreed he would have preferred it if they had stolen it 'cos the other actions was just mindless violence. Hopefully there will be more positives than negatives to the onslaught of this virus. I certainly feel that restaurants, pubs etc will give more thought to cleanliness. I can't believe that some food outlets that are given a low score and are still allowed to stay open and are just told to make improvements. Just some thoughts :)

I think there will definitely be changes to our lives once the pandemic is over. There are many businesses which are failing now that will not be able to recover. I think the cost of travel will be higher because fewer people will be doing it and the maintenance and cleaning people will want will cost more than it did before.

I'm afraid unemployment will be much higher than it's been due to the business closures. We'll have more people who are unable to find work and therefore more desperation for housing and feeding themselves and their families.

I also think that the US is going to take a huge hit in our status in the world due to the way the pandemic has spread in this country and the number of cases and deaths we've had per capita compared to other countries.

Since I think the US is going to have more economic disruption than other countries I think that the value of our currency will also take a hit and it will cost more to visit other countries if that's what one wants to do.

However I think the magnitude of the changes will be dependent on the nature of the "end" of the pandemic. If we get a proven vaccine that prevents people from getting and spreading Covid sooner rather than later that will reduce the overall impact.

Yes! I think this pandemic will change the world forever. There’s talk of vaccines but viruses evolve and change to survive like every other species. I don’t think there will ever be a going back to normal. Sad to say but I believe this IS our normal.

I think everyone will ‘need’ brownies. Lol 😆
And they may need to be "special" brownies.

I think there will definitely be changes to our lives once the pandemic is over. There are many businesses which are failing now that will not be able to recover. I think the cost of travel will be higher because fewer people will be doing it and the maintenance and cleaning people will want will cost more than it did before.

I'm afraid unemployment will be much higher than it's been due to the business closures. We'll have more people who are unable to find work and therefore more desperation for housing and feeding themselves and their families.

I also think that the US is going to take a huge hit in our status in the world due to the way the pandemic has spread in this country and the number of cases and deaths we've had per capita compared to other countries.

Since I think the US is going to have more economic disruption than other countries I think that the value of our currency will also take a hit and it will cost more to visit other countries if that's what one wants to do.

However I think the magnitude of the changes will be dependent on the nature of the "end" of the pandemic. If we get a proven vaccine that prevents people from getting and spreading Covid sooner rather than later that will reduce the overall impact.
Do you think that a vaccine will work as the virus evolves and changes?
I’m thinking that the vaccine will need constant updates .

I think everything will be "different"....It's different already....
So I will reply again....I think a lot.....Today is our 55 years married....We forgot....Me and hubby didn't even know what day it was in this time
of what is going on in the world....I remember we have to go to my grandson and his fiancé on Saturday....But I forgot about Friday....
So I get a text from my daughter....She texted our 55 years today....I yelled to hubby, did you know it was our married 55 years today..
He said, OK.....LOL!!! Hey, it's a long time.....Then the phone goes off....Our kids wishing a very nice day on our 55 years marriage....
So the story of the day is...….We are old....I only realized that on my Birthday in March....We lived a long time. I feel for my kids....I want
them to live as long as my husband and me.... or more....It bother's me everyday....We are in the house or in the yard everyday, unless
we go to get groceries....So tomorrow will be the only time we will go to our grandson's home....Why I thought to right this is because
My grandson and his fiancé had to change their wedding day, which would be tomorrow....We would be going to a wedding....
The venue is not opened and the church is not open....So they will wait till next August....That's why we are going to their home
for a little party...Of course they have a huge backyard....We will have our masks....Just our family....Hey, I'm not crying♥

Oh yes, things will be very different. For all the reasons mentioned above. Most seems like it will be positive. It does frighten me that it would take THIS for restaurants and other such places to be more aware of cleanliness. That should be a given.
I had read something that more people may be using the option to work from home.
I was talking with my niece who is a computer web designer (or something of that sort) She has always worked from home, and said she would nothave it any other way. She does video chat and Zoom meetings, and does pretty much everything virtually. On the other hand, her husband has had to work from home, and he is not taking to it well.

So I will reply again....I think a lot.....Today is our 55 years married....We forgot....Me and hubby didn't even know what day it was in this time
of what is going on in the world....I remember we have to go to my grandson and his fiancé on Saturday....But I forgot about Friday....
So I get a text from my daughter....She texted our 55 years today....I yelled to hubby, did you know it was our married 55 years today..
He said, OK.....LOL!!! Hey, it's a long time.....Then the phone goes off....Our kids wishing a very nice day on our 55 years marriage....
So the story of the day is...….We are old....I only realized that on my Birthday in March....We lived a long time. I feel for my kids....I want
them to live as long as my husband and me.... or more....It bother's me everyday....We are in the house or in the yard everyday, unless
we go to get groceries....So tomorrow will be the only time we will go to our grandson's home....Why I thought to right this is because
My grandson and his fiancé had to change their wedding day, which would be tomorrow....We would be going to a wedding....
The venue is not opened and the church is not open....So they will wait till next August....That's why we are going to their home
for a little party...Of course they have a huge backyard....We will have our masks....Just our family....Hey, I'm not crying♥
Happy Anniversary, Peppermint! 🥂

Various forms of "CoronaVirus" have been around for decades. The first such virus dates back to the early 1960's, and it has Mutated into various forms throughout the years. In fact, this current nomenclature of CV-19 may be an indicator that today's virus is the 19th mutation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkn...y-of-the-first-coronavirus-229e/#3e21680971d6

Even if an effective treatment is found in the next few months, there is No guarantee that this illness will not continue to resurge in various forms and intensity.

There is little doubt that the severity of this virus will effect humanity for years to come, and will probably be with us, in some form, for the foreseeable future.

The economic impacts of this strain will be felt for years. Already, there are predictions that half the small businesses and restaurants may not survive much beyond the end of this year. Cities and towns may be filled with empty buildings...which will probably become little more than places for the homeless and unemployed to find shelter. The tourist and airline industries may not return to anywhere near normal for 3 or 4 years, at best....and the unemployment numbers may not go down to 2019 levels for much of this next decade.

With minor improvements to Internet service, millions of office workers may not have to fight rush hour just to sit in a cubicle all day. That may have a positive impact on the environment by reducing the millions of gallons of gas that are used every week by people having to drive to and from work. Working parents who have a space in their house/apartment for a small "home office" may not have to hire babysitters to watch their small children several hours a day.

The list of possible changes and impacts to our current lifestyles is almost endless....and it will be interesting to see How and If our society is able to adjust.

Back