Do you feel worse when it is sunny too much

Would expect most folks living in Phoenix would agree while most living in Seattle would not. Thus really a matter of where one lives and has to endure too much of either extreme. Where I live in Santa Clara County has one of the most pleasantly balanced temperate Mediterranean climates in the world. So this outdoors oriented Earth monkey is fine with some of both. In fact here, I get to live in pleasantness and visit those other places with just a few hours driving at most plus snowy mountains and coastal rain forests.

Come live where I do and you will have plenty to be happy about. We have gotten over 2 ft of snow in the last 7 days, to add to the ten feet (120+ inches) we have already got.

I will take the sun please! Last summer we had a drought and continuous sun for a month - loved it! I will gladly water my garden (and not have to mow the lawn) instead of retrieving my daughter out of the ditch (3rd time this winter yesterday) and getting water backup into the ceiling last night (which is the first time ever at our house).

Count your blessings!
I totally get what you're saying as I am from Montreal, Quebec originally. However, when we had drought until October 24th of last year and worried about our water, I'll live where you live, sounds like Montreal with the snow anyways.

I too, often prefer a dark, cloudy day, rain or snow. Not always but often. When it suddenly clears up and the sun shines, I feel disappointed. I've felt this way since I was a child.

I hate the heat. Especially humidity. There are times when I enjoy a moderate sunny day outside when things are in bloom, but there's something about a stormy day.

It's a relief to see others are the same.

The only thing I miss about living in the south is their spectacular thunderstorms. Here in Denver, it's sunny something like 300 days out of the year, which is nice, but sometimes it's relaxing to kick back and just watch the rain... as long as I don't have to go out in it.

In Florida, I remember riding my bike home and seeing heavy rain coming down a half-a-block away and trying to get home before it caught up with me. And those sunsets! Spectacular!

Back