Do You Feel You Are Free?

Most conversations where both parties agree on the subject matter make better conversations. If I am in a conversation with a friend, I still watch what I say because there is that thing called trust. I find that sometimes I ask myself “Can I say what I am thinking and not have a third party come to me and tell me that they heard what I said.”

That has happened a few times and I find it somewhat upsetting because now I know that I can’t have an open and honest conversation with that person.
Precisely I've had the same thing happen to me when I felt I was talking in confidence to someone, so I'm very much more guarded now, and keep it all in my own home.. with family only..

Most conversations where both parties agree on the subject matter make better conversations. If I am in a conversation with a friend, I still watch what I say because there is that thing called trust. I find that sometimes I ask myself “Can I say what I am thinking and not have a third party come to me and tell me that they heard what I said.”

That has happened a few times and I find it somewhat upsetting because now I know that I can’t have an open and honest conversation with that person.
@oldman
I feel the same way you do, with people who repeat everything told them in confidence. I trust only 3 people in my family .. my husband, daughter, and brother.

I know! I always assume when I have a conversation with someone, that it's inclusive, between the two of us.
Then other people come up and repeat the conversation. If I had wanted them to hear it, I would have told them.
Slightly disconcerting!

Do I feel I am free?

Yes, I'm free to do as I please within my own physical and financial limitations as are most of us fortunate enough to live in this country.

This thread is about fear not freedom and I will not live in fear of any of the horrible things that COULD happen to me but PROBABLY WON'T. I'm sorry they are happening to others and sincerely hope for change but the odds of any happening to me are very slim.

I keep informed about the daily world but refuse to allow the peddlers of gloom and doom to dominate my thoughts.

Do I feel I am free?

Yes, I'm free to do as I please within my own physical and financial limitations as are most of us fortunate enough to live in this country.

This thread is about fear not freedom and I will not live in fear of any of the horrible things that COULD happen to me but PROBABLY WON'T. I'm sorry they are happening to others and sincerely hope for change but the odds of any happening to me are very slim.

I keep informed about the daily world but refuse to allow the peddlers of gloom and doom to dominate my thoughts.

Well said!

Precisely I've had the same thing happen to me when I felt I was talking in confidence to someone, so I'm very much more guarded now, and keep it all in my own home.. with family only..

You used the word “guarded” and instantly I got a flashback when I was speaking with my life coach probably 15 years ago and on that day the topic of our conversation was “boundaries” and how we should set our boundaries. She told me that we have to learn who we can trust and who we can’t when talking about our most inner thoughts and secrets.

Before you tell John that you don’t like Bill, you should ask yourself, “Can I be certain that John won’t tell Bill what I told him?” Or, before you tell Tom that you don’t like or agree with the new company policy, you should also be certain that it stays between the two of you and that he doesn’t spread the word that “Hey, did you hear what Phil said about the new company policy? Well, he said blah, blah, blah.” And the next thing you know 10 people, including your supervisor, knows what you said and you find yourself sitting in the boss’s office.

Same with me. Due to health issues, I rarely leave the house. I am free to bury my head in the sand whenever I feel like it. Oddly enough, bad things happen whether I am paying attention or not!
I don't bury my head in the sand. I'm well informed of everything going on in the world, good and bad... well, maybe not everything, but most things... the important things. I don't have my news filtered through biased cable shows or websites and I don't subscribe to any crazy conspiracy theories or anything for which there isn't solid evidence to support it.

That said, while I don't worry about being spied on or attacked, that doesn't mean other people and groups shouldn't be worried. People testifying in the Jan. 6 hearings are receiving death threats and need armed security to protect them. There are a lot of crazies out there who are armed and dangerous. A lot of people aren't free to go about their lives without concerns.

Oh yeah, I'm certainly free. I can walk down the street....I am free to get assaulted by gun or by people, I am free to get robbed, I am free to be spied on any time of the day on the internet, I am free to get gunned down by a lunatic at any time, I am free to watch the news that puts me in perpetual paranoia, I am free to keep fearing world wars coming at any second and there is just so much more!! This is all said with a hint of sarcasm which I'm famous for.

Are you free?

There is more to life I'm sure, just can't see it now
Truthfully I have a good life, not perfect but I am content.

Ruthanne I look at things a bit differently than you. You have heard the saying " don't sweat the small stuff", well I'm the opposite, I don't sweat the big stuff. There's much in the world I'm not happy with, but also realize there's little I can do. So I focus my energy and worries on what I can deal with right here at ground zero, there's simply not much I can do about the rest of it.

I don't bury my head in the sand. I'm well informed of everything going on in the world, good and bad... well, maybe not everything, but most things... the important things. I don't have my news filtered through biased cable shows or websites and I don't subscribe to any crazy conspiracy theories or anything for which there isn't solid evidence to support it.

That said, while I don't worry about being spied on or attacked, that doesn't mean other people and groups shouldn't be worried. People testifying in the Jan. 6 hearings are receiving death threats and need armed security to protect them. There are a lot of crazies out there who are armed and dangerous. A lot of people aren't free to go about their lives without concerns.
Good on you! At least you don't get sand in your hair!;)

I'm free 2
Green-Peas-Background.jpg
...:giggle:

It was noticeable during the Covid restrictions, just how many little 'nobodies' enjoyed playing 'Hitler'. There they were standing at the store front saying you can't come in because you're with another family member. A year later there they were stacking the shelves for minimum wage...
Well, we learned how to play your game and your your efforts were in vain.

For now, yes, but China is the U.S.'s and other countries biggest threat. They have a big presence in Africa and is slowly gaining momentum in South America. I heard Boris' Johnson's speech yesterday from the G-7 affirming that the UK should also join forces with China for economical reasons. There is much more to this story to be told so stay tuned.

I feel like I'm free to do what I want to do, but that's probably because nothing I want to do involves leaving the house. 🤣

I don't worry much these days. While it's true that there's probably a sh*tstorm brewing in the U.S. which may take the form of a civil war, and we may be on the verge of nuclear war in Eastern Europe, and the economy may collapse any time because of the enormous debt and inflation, I kind of feel like I'll be able to watch it unfold as a spectator from my little world... the land that time forgot.
I, too, live in my own little half-acre world. I know I would be much happier if I didn't have this obsessive need to know what is going on outside my realm. I've given this a lot of thought this past week. If I stop listening to news broadcasts and am careful what sites I visit or links I click, perhaps I would find peace of mind. But then again, I can't erase all the negative images that would remain, lurking in the back of my brain. /-;

There is more to life I'm sure, just can't see it now.
So much more to life, yes, total and complete freedom from fear and death, with no paranoia at all, and people can still find if they look for it by turning to the Creator Himself for His Life.
" Some of the Pharisees near him heard these things, and said to him, “Are we also blind?” 41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains."

It was noticeable during the Covid restrictions, just how many little 'nobodies' enjoyed playing 'Hitler'. There they were standing at the store front saying you can't come in because you're with another family member. A year later there they were stacking the shelves for minimum wage...
Well, we learned how to play your game and your your efforts were in vain.
There they were, going out everyday working for minimum wage during Covid, while many others stayed safely at home living on unemployment.

Some were assigned to the front door, doing what their manager told them to do so they wouldn't get fired and getting hatred all day from ignorant people like you who didn't realize it was the government who made the rules not these ground level store workers.

Now you're calling them "nobodies" because they only make minimum wage and have to stock shelves to support themselves and feed their families.

You're talking about people like my son. I'm sure you always made lots more money than he ever will, but I can guarantee you, he's smarter and kinder than you are.

Last edited:
here in the UK I don't feel Free... not as I once did. We're the most watched public in the western world apparently with CCTV covering the every move outside of our homes than any other.. whether that's inside buildings or in the street where we live or work, and play..

We're certainly not free to have 'Free Speech''.. lest it's twisted and reported by the woke, as offensive...

Britain where the flag was flown high due to our Freedom for centuries .. brought to it's knees by Big Brother and the Woke and Snowflake community...so sad, it's like I live in a different Country to the one in which I was born and raised..
Hi Holly - can you please explain what you mean by "Woke" and "Snowflake?" I do get the concept of BIG Brother, haha.

It was noticeable during the Covid restrictions, just how many little 'nobodies' enjoyed playing 'Hitler'.
Did the grade-school little nobodies who said "heil" with the outstretched arm enjoy playing that role when germany was taken over by him ?
Do the little nobodies in the usa enjoy doing what the big dictator -pharmacy- says to do ?

Back