Do you have any favorite cover songs?

I absolutely love cover songs and have a playlist dedicated to just cover songs. This is one of my favorites that came up on my shuffle playlist today.

Some cover songs are surprising because the most popular and well known version of the song is the cover version. Here's one that I just learned was a cover this year.

I didn't realize the original was done by Fleetwood Mac.

You might want to check out this podcast https://www.coverville.com/ .

My alltime favorite.

Flying Burrito Brothers covering a Gene Clark song and bettering it in the process. Bernie Leadon, later of the Eagles, on guitar, along with Chris Hillman, Sneaky Pete Kleinow, and Rick Roberts. Former Byrd drummer Michael Clarke as well.

Those are the guys, the Flying Burrito Bros. who I reported meeting in college, as they were friends with a friend of mine and gave a small group of us a private concert, although no one in attendance was able to recall details, for obvious reasons, given that it was in the sixties.

Those are the guys, the Flying Burrito Bros. who I reported meeting in college, as they were friends with a friend of mine and gave a small group of us a private concert, although no one in attendance was able to recall details, for obvious reasons, given that it was in the sixties.

I remember reading about them in Pamela Des Barres book I'm With The Band. Do you recall meeting her as well?

I remember reading about them in Pamela Des Barres book I'm With The Band. Do you recall meeting her as well?
I did meet a bunch of groupies (I was not one) hanging out at the Fillmore East all the time. I recall meeting Plaster Caster girls, and I know Pamela's name, but hey, it was a long psychedelic time ago, if you get my drift.

I did meet a bunch of groupies (I was not one) hanging out at the Fillmore East all the time. I recall meeting Plaster Caster girls, and I know Pamela's name, but hey, it was a long psychedelic time ago, if you get my drift.

Pamela was one of the west coast women but she wrote about meeting the Plaster Cast girls. It's been a while since I read the book so I don't recall how much of her time was spent on the east coast. Her book Let's Spend The Night Together has chapters on several other groupies she met during her time with the bands and I know at least one of the Plaster Cast girls has a chapter in the book.

I'm listening to this now, but it fits better here. This is my favorite song from Juliana Hatfield even though it's a cover. I love the way she provides a softer edge to the Foo Fighter's hit but still keeps the core emotional essence of the song.

I absolutely love cover songs and have a playlist dedicated to just cover songs. This is one of my favorites that came up on my shuffle playlist today.

Some cover songs are surprising because the most popular and well known version of the song is the cover version. Here's one that I just learned was a cover this year.

I didn't realize the original was done by Fleetwood Mac.
I thought the original of Black Magic Woman was by Santana?

Back