Do you know anyone that has been married more then three times?

If for some stupid reason I find myself married a 3rd time...that will be it. Three is my limit. If that goes south then I'm done for good. The idea of a 3rd one makes my skin crawl so it's unlikely.

I find it’s quite common for people of 60 plus to have two, three, or more marriages behind them probably because in those days it was generally frowned upon for couples to live together, and certainly to have children, outside of marriage

Personally I think a marriage license should be renewable after 3 years with the couple instantly divorced if it’s not renewed

Well, let's see... married the first time at 18. That marriage lasted 16 years, I opted out for many reasons and grew up in the process. I married a second time which lasted 1 year due to domestic violence. By my third marriage (10 years single) I thought I was making the best choice of my life, 14 years together and married 9 of those years. He passed away at the age of 58 due to melanoma. I am 67 today and have decided marriage is not for me. I'm too old for all the concessions that need to be made.
I'm so sorry for your loss. The road to love and happily ever after is bumpy, and few of us are blessed to be successful the first time around. The love of my life Mike, died in 2003, after 15 years together. I dated after that, but no one ever measured up to him so I resolved to live alone. I am content alone.....but sure do miss hugs and affection. We all need loving hugs to get us through day by day.

I find it’s quite common for people of 60 plus to have two, three, or more marriages behind them probably because in those days it was generally frowned upon for couples to live together, and certainly to have children, outside of marriage

Personally I think a marriage license should be renewable after 3 years with the couple instantly divorced if it’s not renewed
Hmmmm.......interesting, Wrennie......perhaps we could also have 'No Claims Bonuses' on renewal. 😊

People can be so judgmental so I hesitate to answer this question. If I had any sense, I'd just move on, but I never did have much sense, obviously, because I've been married 5 times!

I was 19 and wanted out of my parents house. My mother was verbally abusive and very domineering so I latched on to the first guy that came along. It lasted 3 miserable years. I was so naive, I didn't know he was an alcoholic and gay!

The second one was physically abusive and threatened to kill me several times. It's true that women stay because they're afraid to leave. That actually went on for 7 years until I got the courage to leave.

Third time, he was several years younger than me and a heavy drinker and cheated on me with our neighbor. That lasted 3 years.

Fourth time was to a man 10 years younger than me and professed to be a "Christian". We actually had a decent marriage until I found out he'd been cheating on me with a girl from our church. Our minister wouldn't counsel us. He said "he didn't want to get involved". We separated but reconciled later. I never trusted him after that and he ended up cheating on me again with a young girl he worked with. Funny thing about that was, she didn't think of him as anything but like a brother. He was in his 40's and she was 20...and gay. He never figured that last part out. Ha...joke was on him. We were married for 11 years.

Number 5 is my current husband. We've been married for 23 years. It has ups and downs like any other marriage, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely be single. At 73, I doubt I'll ever live alone unless something happens to him first. If I was honest, this was a marriage of security, not love.

I remember when I was in my early 20's and I was going for counseling after my first marriage was over and the counselor asked me a question that has always stuck with me. She said, "Have you ever considered you're not made for marriage?" I guess I've been trying to prove her wrong. HA.

People can be so judgmental so I hesitate to answer this question. If I had any sense, I'd just move on, but I never did have much sense, obviously, because I've been married 5 times!

I was 19 and wanted out of my parents house. My mother was verbally abusive and very domineering so I latched on to the first guy that came along. It lasted 3 miserable years. I was so naive, I didn't know he was an alcoholic and gay!

The second one was physically abusive and threatened to kill me several times. It's true that women stay because they're afraid to leave. That actually went on for 7 years until I got the courage to leave.

Third time, he was several years younger than me and a heavy drinker and cheated on me with our neighbor. That lasted 3 years.

Fourth time was to a man 10 years younger than me and professed to be a "Christian". We actually had a decent marriage until I found out he'd been cheating on me with a girl from our church. Our minister wouldn't counsel us. He said "he didn't want to get involved". We separated but reconciled later. I never trusted him after that and he ended up cheating on me again with a young girl he worked with. Funny thing about that was, she didn't think of him as anything but like a brother. He was in his 40's and she was 20...and gay. He never figured that last part out. Ha...joke was on him. We were married for 11 years.

Number 5 is my current husband. We've been married for 23 years. It has ups and downs like any other marriage, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely be single. At 73, I doubt I'll ever live alone unless something happens to him first. If I was honest, this was a marriage of security, not love.

I remember when I was in my early 20's and I was going for counseling after my first marriage was over and the counselor asked me a question that has always stuck with me. She said, "Have you ever considered you're not made for marriage?" I guess I've been trying to prove her wrong. HA.
I've seen this in several women I've dated - and also in my sister.
Women who grow up in an abusive household often develop low self esteem; consequently, they feel lucky that any man pays attention to her because they don't feel worthy of a decent man. They will take abuse because it seems "normal" to them & they don't feel they deserve any better. In fact, they practically expect abuse from men.

Sometimes I regret I've always been financially able to care for myself, and later, myself & son. It kind of killed some motivation to partner up again.

My one uncle was married to a woman for 24 years. They always seemed so lovey-dovey. Next thing I knew, they were getting divorced. Three years after ‘she’ married number 2, she killed the new husband by putting a .38 bullet into his brain while he was sleeping. She was sentenced to life, no parole. BTW, his/her story was featured on one of the crime shows.

And the kicker is that he was a Florida State Trooper.

I've seen this in several women I've dated - and also in my sister.
Women who grow up in an abusive household often develop low self esteem; consequently, they feel lucky that any man pays attention to her because they don't feel worthy of a decent man. They will take abuse because it seems "normal" to them & they don't feel they deserve any better. In fact, they practically expect abuse from men.

How very true. Sadly, I've never gotten over my low self-esteem....probably because I keep looking in all the wrong places (that was a song, wasn't it??) for a "good" man. I'm a slooow learner :(

How very true. Sadly, I've never gotten over my low self-esteem....probably because I keep looking in all the wrong places (that was a song, wasn't it??) for a "good" man. I'm a slooow learner :(
The bad boys are considered exciting. Like a heart attack. I had my share of bad boys but accidentally married a good one.

My one uncle was married to a woman for 24 years. They always seemed so lovey-dovey. Next thing I knew, they were getting divorced. Three years after ‘she’ married number 2, she killed the new husband by putting a .38 bullet into his brain while he was sleeping. She was sentenced to life, no parole. BTW, his/her story was featured on one of the crime shows.

And the kicker is that he was a Florida State Trooper.
Probably one that I saw. She claimed it was an accident. Yeah....those powder burns that indicate very close distance disagreed........

Back