Do You Listen To Easy Listening, New Age or Ambient Music?

Love it! It has a sort of hint of 70's disco-ey vibe to it!
This is definitely in the disco class as well Marg; that became their forte for making money. In fact, this duo produced the hit disco single Let's Get It Together under the name El Coco. They also composed the soundtracks for several popular T.V. shows and commercials.

Produced by Quincy Jones, I think he wrote it as well. Features Take 6, who are know for their a cappella performances. One of the members is solo artist Brian McKnight's brother. This song is so sweet and relaxing.

Last edited:
I enjoy either classical music or easy listening. There are some great relaxing videos on You Tube with wonderful scenery and music as well. I often just put that on. Otherwise my TV just sits there. On rare occasions I'll find one of my smart tv sites and watch a movie, but not often.

Wow! This came on after another song I was listening to on YT. I'd never heard it before. Another beautiful, haunting song by Pat !! Parts of it remind me of Andreas Vollenweider's music.

When I first got into Andreas, I bought the album this song is on, Down to The Moon. I subsequently bought 4 more of his albums and CDs. I couldn't believe what this man could do with an electric harp.
I have all of his CD's. He built that harp himself. When I first heard "White Winds," I didn't think it was a harp; I thought it was some sort of custom guitar. And "Caverna Magica" is incredible!

He sure was something. I adopted his style - he sorta liked to separate each note - like a constant stacatto. It increased the clarity.
How wonderful that you play.

How long have you been playing for, Win?

I have always wanted to learn how to play.

There's a beautiful statue of Gould, outside the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto, and my dream is to one day visit it.

File:Statue of Glenn Gould sitting in front of CBC building.jpg - Wikimedia  Commons

How wonderful that you play.

How long have you been playing for, Win?

I have always wanted to learn how to play.

There's a beautiful statue of Gould, outside the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto, and my dream is to one day visit it.

File:Statue of Glenn Gould sitting in front of CBC building.jpg - Wikimedia  Commons
When I was around 4, a university professor told my mom I had music talent. It was shoved down my throat (along with lots of abuse) for 15 years. I stopped playing & got regular jobs until 3 years ago, then I started playing again for fun.

I'm currently listening to some old Marvin Gaye, and Teddy Pendergrass. Just went and bought some of their greatest hit cd's. I've been hearing them on the car radio, so I finally decided to buy them to listen to while I clean the house.

When I was around 4, a university professor told my mom I had music talent. It was shoved down my throat (along with lots of abuse) for 15 years. I stopped playing & got regular jobs until 3 years ago, then I started playing again for fun.
This is not the first time I've heard stories like yours, and it's such a shame, because under such a strict and controlling environment, young children rebel over being forced to learn and do, and where natural talent may have flourished without pressure, all is lost as a result.

So happy you've picked up on it again.

Do you own your own piano?

Back