Do You Make Friends Easily?

I recently had somebody whom I thought was a friend ( of 5 years ) throw me under the bus by warning other members about me, stating that the abuse I have spoken about isn’t real and only a figment of my paranoid delusions or imagination.
Okay, you're losing me here. 5 years... but it says you joined in December of '22. What did I miss?

Have always, even as a kid, been pretty much a loner and have never gone out of my way to cultivate friends......that's just the way I am.
I had "a season" of doing just that... going out of my way to make others know they'd have a real friend in me... but it got old fast when I noticed that I was usually the only one making an effort. And now I don't really care one way or the other. If I find a true friend, it's pretty much effortless on *both* parts anyhow. 🤷‍♀️

I read the post! You missed what I was asking. You mentioned being friends with someone here for five years but your account was created in December of 2022. Do you have two accounts... or change your name or something? It was an honest question. :(
Yes I’ve had 2 accounts. Its against the rules for me to mention why I have 2 accounts so I haven’t. My other account was permanently closed as of spring 2021 or when Aunt Marg left. It’s an honest answer and I’m not Aunt Marg.

We tend to make neither, close friends or enemies. We have a large immediate family surrounding us. Kids are in their 60's and we tend (through our choice) to limit our social life to our kids grandkids and great grands. Never a day goes by that we aren't among them.
I can understand why people with large close families are like this; heck, if I were lucky enough to be in that situation, I'm sure I'd be the same. But since there are more and more of us (here in the US anyway) who aren't in that situation, it'd sure be nice if some of you lucky ones could break away from the fam once in a while and spend time with others. The people with big, close, happy families all seem to be so nice and interesting and it'd be nice to spend some time with people like that.

You could do a ‘rent a family.!’ 😂
How about "rent grandparents" ? I haven't had a job in 31 years but my wife and I could rent ourselves out, if the money is "right" $$$

We could show up, sit in for a meal, then snooze on the couch for a couple of hours, wake up. chat for a few moments, and be on our way. At our age, we could even be "great grands" if the occasion called for it.:D

How about "rent grandparents" ? I haven't had a job in 31 years but my wife and I could rent ourselves out, if the money is "right" $$$

We could show up, sit in for a meal, then snooze on the couch for a couple of hours, wake up. chat for a few moments, and be on our way. At our age, we could even be "great grands" if the occasion called for it.:D
Haha. That’s funny. You could put an ad in the paper and hope your kids don’t discover it’s you. 😂

Back