Do you order your groceries online from Wal-Mart?

AprilSun

If so, are you finding many that are out of stock? I was talking with a friend one day that is unable to walk in the stores and has to order her groceries online. She told me that there is a lot of what she needs that is out of stock or is in bulk order now. In other words, they don't have it or we have to order more than we need. I went to their web site and did a search for items that I purchase and I found the same results with a lot of them. She told me she has to send her son to a grocery store near by now to get the items that Wal-Mart doesn't have or tries to make her order too many. Are you having this problem or is it just in this area?

No I’m still able to get around the grocery store and like to do it for exercise. I must say though as time goes on I’m probably going to consider that option.

I order cat food and cat litter from Walmart often and have no problem. But when I tried to order food I found the same problem, many were out of stock or you have to order more than one of the same item.

I order cat food and cat litter from Walmart often and have no problem. But when I tried to order food I found the same problem, many were out of stock or you have to order more than one of the same item.
I also like to choose my own produce and my own meats as well as bread, someone else would be choosing your food for you and I’m sure they’re not going to be as picky as you would be with your own food so they would bring it out to the car and when you got it home perhaps you would not be pleased with the selection. So, I’ll continue to do my own shopping because it does have these benefits.

We find that we go to different stores for different items. Walmart has a good selection of ice cream, Winn Dixie is better for puddings and tea. Aldi has some soda from Mexico that I like. Publix is closer but prices are higher.

Ok, it sounds like it is a problem with everyone then. I'll be sure to let her know. Thank you for this information.

I still go to the stores and will continue as long as I'm able. I have two big freezers so I could go a couple of months if I had to. I usually do this during the winter and flu season.

Same with me. I have a 5cu ft freezer. I am pretty well stocked. As for perishable stuff like fruit and vegies, I would rather pick my own out, rather than have someone else do it. But, if the time came I was more home bound, I would consider it

No online, I like to squeeze the charmin..
mr-whipple-charmin.jpg

I hit the local grocery store a couple of times a week. It's only 3 miles from the house. Every now and then I'll make the trip to Hannaford's, a somewhat larger store, which is about 16 miles away. A part of the same chain as Hannaford's is Sweetbay in Florida and we used to shop there during our winter stays.

I don't buy a lot of groceries and the ones I do purchase come from locally owned markets. I like wandering the aisles and giving in to the occasional impulse buy. Besides, the checker where I trade is the only female left on the planet who calls me dear or honey.

With Daddy having Alzheimer's and can't be left alone, I place an order from Walmart every other week. I'll get frozen fish and ham steaks and bananas but most of what I order is frozen vegetables and basic pantry items, cleaning and paper products. Then Daddy can go with me pick up the items or, if necessary, I can have one of nieces or nephews to pick them up. Don't like Walmart meats so usually order from Rouses or Winn Dixie and pick up those.

Often I use my shopping trip as a reason to get out of the house. Even if all I buy is some milk, or bread. Like @DaveA my store of choice is not far, for me just a mile away. I went today with no particular list in mind, but came home with some great fruit and vegies.

Back