Do you share a bathroom?

Rose65

For years we have had separate bathrooms and I really wouldn't want to share ever again. I am so used to my own space. My husband likes only a shower and his needs overall are simpler. I like my bath so I have both. My bathroom is a place to relax, I even have books there and it's nice know nobody will move anything.
We manage of course if we go away but I don't like it. I wouldn't go anywhere if I had to share with others.

Nope,no sharing here.We always did,until we moved to this house three years ago. It was no big deal because he is a neatnik and never leaves whiskers in the sink or anything,but I enjoy having my own space.
Well, my husband is untidy, not unclean. I do of course clean and maintain both bathrooms and his bathroom needs more attention than mine.

Never shared a bathroom with my husband in our home.... each of us had everything set up to our liking in our own bathroom...
... two bathrooms, to the right and the left of Master Suite .. it was ideal.

Had a large house with bathrooms to spare, especially when kids were grown and gone.

Yes and no. There’s an ensuite attached to the main bedroom. It has the walk-in shower. We both use that. The main bath off the hallway has shower/tub combo. DH uses that as his main bathroom. He’s neater than I and he’s also the one who cleans the bathrooms. There’s also a bathroom for guests downstairs.

We did the same thing in our last two homes.

When we travel, we usually stay in a place with two washrooms. Just depends what room they give us.

It doesn't matter with my cats, they come in anyway. 😸 And yes, hubby & I share one bathroom.
My cat has his own bathroom in the basement, with his litter box in the shower stall. He does come up to visit us in our bathroom, mostly to drink water from the dog/cat bowl we keep in there.

When we were raising the 3 kids we had a big old house that had one bathroom and we all survived. When we moved across the country we bought a house with 3 bathrooms. Now living alone my condo has one bathroom. My son lived with me for a year and it wasn’t a problem.

Never shared a bathroom with my husband in our home.... each of us had everything set up to our liking in our own bathroom...
... two bathrooms, to the right and the left of Master Suite .. it was ideal.

This would be extremely unusual in Australia - in fact have never seen 2 bathrooms attached to one bedroom, either in real life or in floor plans.
Many modern houses have ensuites but many older or smaller houses or units do not.

We had one bathroom in our old house as did many many houses of that era. Brought up 3 kids there, coped fine as of course did most other people.

We have a newer house now and kids all left home - it has an ensuite and a main bathroom. We use 2nd toilet but rarely rest of 2nd bathroom. People staying here do or rarely I do if I have a bath.
Showering and teeth cleaning etc, we both use ensuite.

Back