Do you still drive? Age?

i am 86 and drive just a short distant-go to the doctor or get a prescription filled or just for a joy ride close to home
When was your last renewal? Here it's every five years, so I'm due at 80. Not sure, but after that I think it's more often but I think it's just for vision.

I'm 74 and just drive around town to do errands.I'm nervous if I have to drive in an area I'm not familiar with. My hubby is 81 and is still a good driver. The only thing I noticed is that he has less patience with other drivers. Always yelling about something stupid someone else did.
My biggest mistake was to let the hubby take over all the driving once we were married. I doubt I would be as nervous as I am today if I had continued to drive at least some of the time.

I'll be 72 in January. I bought a 2015 5.0 convertible Mustang new. Kept it for a year and a half. Sold my hot rod 2004 Hemi powered Ram truck (it was a show topper) and bought a 2018 Titan last May and plan to trade it in next year on another truck. I have always loved fast rides and always will

I live in Texas and we love our vehicles. Since DH retired, I have had fewer opportunities to drive. Sure, I could say, "Let me drive," and he might even agree, but then I'd have to put up with him telling me what lane to be in, how fast to go, etc. LOL! Totally not worth it. So I get to drive very little, more now that I'm going to the rec center with my daughter twice a week.

@PVC I am not a big fan of driving at night either. I have to know exactly where I am going at night. I do most of my driving in the daylight hours.
Funny, for years my hub and I drove around the swamp to SW Florida for a month or so stay in winter a bit...but, we had one iron clad rule - drive 8 hours a day (stop before it gets dark and it gets dark early in winter). Worked great, we were relaxed, had a nice meal, stretched out in the Holiday Inn Expresses and watched TV till we fell asleep, get up the next day, wash & repeat.Took us 2-1/2 days to get to the beach there, but we we weren't "dead tired" at all.

At 82, I still drive and feel very confident doing so. Over the years I have put thousands of miles on various bread trucks and have taken many defensive driving courses. I don’t know how many more years I’ll feel this way, but when the time comes, I will step down and turn in my license.

Back