Do you still have your high school yearbook?

I don't think it's around. I gave it to "my girl" for safe keeping while I was in the Navy. But a month after I was inducted, we broke up. Haven't heard from her since 1968. Strangely, I think about it a lot. Even though I don't have it, I wished we would have added a lot more pictures.

I don't think it's around. I gave it to "my girl" for safe keeping while I was in the Navy. But a month after I was inducted, we broke up. Haven't heard from her since 1968. Strangely, I think about it a lot. Even though I don't have it, I wished we would have added a lot more pictures.

I left mine at a friends house for safekeeping when I moved away to college in 1967. Never went back for it until it was too late. When I graduated in 1965 the annuals cost $5 bucks. There's a website where I can get a reproduction for I think it was 100 bucks. I don't have any of my high school yearbook pictures either. I don't know what happened to them. Maybe they got lost in my many moves over the years. Or maybe my my ex-wife threw them out during the divorce. A lot of my stuff ended up out at the curb around that time. "Hell hath no fury" doncha know?

But the dude that put up our reunion website posted the pictures out of his annuals. They are about the size of a small postage stamp but I guess that's better than nothing.

Last edited:
I am busy downsizing and those yearbooks from 1959 and 1960 got tossed. After I joined the Navy in 1960, I had very little contact with my old classmates. I did go to the 45th reunion and only recognized two people from our class of over 650 kids. To tell the truth, high school was not one of my happy times. I enjoyed the school and my classmates, but my alcoholic manipulative parents made life rather miserable.

I have all four of mine. Not that long ago, I used one to look up the spelling of this gal's last name, who was three years ahead of me, at my high school. I then found her on the internet and wrote to her, telling her off for something she had done to me some fifty years earlier. I felt good about having done so.

I still have my yearbook, class ring, diploma and the tassel from my graduation cap.

I really should sell the ring for scrap and burn the rest of it.

Me 2 and also from college. I occasionally look at them and just shake my head.

Back