Do You Take Vitamins and Supplements Regularly? Take the Poll!

Do you take vitamins and supplements regularly?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I take supplements regularly, some daily and some just a couple of times a week. Probably too many to list here, but the good part is I'm on no prescription meds 'yet' in my sixties. Some are a multi vitamin/mineral, vitamin K2, vitamin D3, Glucosamine Sulfate, MSM, Magnesium Citrate, omega 3 fish oil, Lutein, etc. Do you take any vitamins or supplements on a regular basis?

Old Lady multi-vitamin/mineral.
Enough extra D to meet daily requirement.
500 extra C because I'm under the probable misconception that it will prevent colds.

I take a daily multivitamin, a fish oil capsule, and a 6mg Lutein pill after breakfast....the vitamin if I don't eat right, and the lutein/fish oil for my eyes. The eye doctor says these 2 pills are the best way to stave off Macular Degeneration, which my old Dad had. I also take a Glucosamine/MSM pill in the afternoon to help a bit of arthritis. So far, this few cents a day is keeping me off any of these overpriced prescription drugs.

For the majority of people who have a sensible balanced diet, they are a total waste of time and money. But the manufacturers will of course try to tell us that they are necessary - before sitting down to count their profits.

I take 1 ginger and 1 fish oil daily with my 2 prescriptions. The ginger keeps "ole author" quiet and the fish oil helps my cholesterol. It must be working because I had my physical in January and he told me my numbers were good.

I take Evening Primrose capsules, vitamin B tablets, cod liver oil and a liquid iron supplement regularly and use ginger in cooking

I was surprised when my doctor recommended taking Vitamin D because in the winter in my area we don't get the type of sun that converts to Vitamin D. I asked him about diet. He said forget it you won't be getting enough.

2000 mg a day.

Old habits are hard to break.... Because of my power lifting history, I have a large morning glass of slim-fast and a multivitamin with my other morning meds. No more protein shakes, though.

I take too many to list and I do take them daily. Some people say vitamins don't make a difference but I know from experience they do. It doesn't matter if you eat a well balanced diet or not. It all depends on how well you digest. If your gut doesn't digest properly, the nutrients in the foods you eat may not help. Also certain diseases and conditions may respond and/or improve with addition of certain vitamin supplements. It's not a hoax. :eek:

Every morning:
2,000 mg Fish oil, 1,000 mg Vitamin C, B Complex (not sure what the dosage is), 81 mg Aspirin, and a Senior Men's Multi-Vitamin

Every evening:
Statin and a Glucosamine "horse pill".

Have taken the above menu of supplements/vitamins for almost 10 years. Had taken some Fish Oil and Vitamin C for some time before that. May be all in my head, but just don't feel as if I have the colds, flu, other issues many my age seem to complain about.

Yes, I take those really big "horse pills" filled with a liquid, and I also take a few of those smaller ones, one of which is a "multi-vitamin", and another one for hypertension.

My wife lays them out for me every morning...she used to bill for physicans...she knows what they're for and if I need 'em.

I'm not being specific, because I don't feel it's important to anyone what kind of pills I take! I take my pills, you take yours, and we'll be friends forevermore!

Have a nice afternoon!

HiDesertHal [chic is right...have you seen her picture gallery?]

Attachments

• 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back