Do You Use Deodorant or Antiperspirant?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I don't like to use antiperspirant any more because it contains aluminum, but I do use a natural deodorant. My husband uses it sometimes, but he generally prefers to use an antiperspirant like Gillette Clear Gel (Cool Wave).

The one I like and have been using for several years now is Crystal brand, Lavender & White Tea roll-on, but it comes in spray too, and I buy it from Natural Grocers or Sprouts....usually Natural Grocers, they have more reasonable prices.

I tried using coconut oil for a short time as a deodorant, and it seemed to be healthy for the skin and work well.....but it took awhile to dry before I could put a shirt on, so I stopped using it.

What kinds of deodorant or antiperspirant do you use?

My hubby was in the hospital quite a few years ago and he came home with a bag of goodies and this deodorant was among the contents. I've used it ever since. The only place I could find it was on Amazon. One little roll on bottle lasts more than a year and that's using it everyday. It is an antiperspirant and does contain aluminium but it works.small.jpg

No, I don't use a deodorant, so stay away. HAHA. Seriously, I used to, but after I lost weight, I rarely perspire. Sometimes before a date I'll use cologne...

I had to go check in the bathroom what I use. Mine says "anti-perspirant deodorant" So I guess I use whatever that is....hahaha. I currently have Suave brand that is really economical and works, too. Lavender and Sweet Pea formula. I get a small one for about 1.79

I haven't used deodorant for at least the last 20 years. The need for deodorant is a multi-billion dollar Madison Avenue Advertising scam. All you need to do is shower regularly. I shower pretty much every day. When it's hot and humid and I'm active I might shower twice a day. In the winter during a cold snap when I'm not active I might skip a day. As for antiperspirant those are even a bigger scam. Why would anyone want to block a natural bodily function like sweating? Would you stick a plug up your butt to keep from farting? It's going against nature. Besides that, sweat is sexy!

Speaking of Deodorants, I remember the story about a lady who got on a bus; she was 9 months pregnant. When she sat down, everyone on the bus was staring at her & laughing.

She complained to the driver at the next stop.

The driver said, "What do you expect? When you got on the bus, you sat under a sign for a deodorant ad that said, "William's Big Stick Did The Trick."

I used to sweat like a pig. I thought that I had hyperhidrosis, but as I got older, I noticed that my sweating issue slowed down a bit. I use an antiperspirant, Mennen unscented, otherwise, my underarms are wet and I look like that girl in the commercial holding her underarms under a blow dryer.

Here's a show I heard on the radio today about sweating. You can click on Listen in the link to hear the podcast of the show if interested.

Americans spend billions of dollars every year on deodorants and antiperspirants. But what they’re tasked with covering up has a complex and fascinating biological function.

Humans’ ability to sweat from such a large surface area of our bodies is unique within the animal kingdom. It allows us to cool down and fight off heatstroke, an increasingly valuable tool as temperatures climb on our planet.

Like many people, science journalist Sarah Everts found herself embarrassed by her sweat. That embarrassment spurred her curiosity and led her on a quest to learn all she could about perspiration. That journey led her to dating events where couples match based on attraction to sweat, towel dancing performances in sauna theaters, and a professional armpit sniffer.

https://the1a.org/segments/the-purpose-of-perspiration/

For years nothing helped, I was that lady holding her arms up to dry off. About ten years ago, I had the Botox shots once and it really helped. They want you on a maintenance program - for their bank balance. Now when it’s hot I use Crystal deodorant unscented after my daily shower.

I'm still using this same one after every shower.

crystal-body-deodorant-mineral-deodorant-spray-lavender-white-tea-4-fl-oz-118-ml-2.jpg

Back