Do you want to be a snowbird? Have you already moved? Where would you rather move to , if you could?

I spent 9 summer vacations on the back of my husband's harley touring the different landscapes of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California and the west coast of Canada. I was earning butt points so we could fly back to Fiji where we were married. My husband (58 years old) passed away before that could happen but the freedom of the road was appealing to me. One tap on his helmet and I would find myself deposited on the side of the road reading keen signs of interest. Kind of like the "ball of twine" road trips. I learned a lot about him, myself and that patience is really a virtue. I decided I needed peace and quiet for the rest of my days and I am very content to soak in the quiet life on the Oregon coast. Average temperature of the winter is 34 degrees, average summer is 71 degrees.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_17.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_17.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4
I spent 9 summer vacations on the back of my husband's harley touring the different landscapes of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California and the west coast of Canada. I was earning butt points so we could fly back to Fiji where we were married. My husband (58 years old) passed away before that could happen but the freedom of the road was appealing to me. One tap on his helmet and I would find myself deposited on the side of the road reading keen signs of interest. Kind of like the "ball of twine" road trips. I learned a lot about him, myself and that patience is really a virtue. I decided I needed peace and quiet for the rest of my days and I am very content to soak in the quiet life on the Oregon coast. Average temperature of the winter is 34 degrees, average summer is 71 degrees.
lovely picture ..I bet you miss those days very much

I LOVE where I live! I live in a small town in Eastern North Carolina. Our winters are mild. If we get 2 snowfalls of 2 to 3 inches in the winter it's considered a lot. We have beautiful springs and falls. The summer is sometimes hotter than I would like but the good news is just when you think you can't take the heat anymore, it's gone!
I lived for 55 years in Florida and I grew to really hate it there. When I was young, it was a paradise. The weather was temperate and we had seasons. It got so as time went on that we only had 2 seasons...hot and hotter. It became extremely congested and really intolerable.
I'm really pleased to call North Carolina my home for the last 20 years.

Back