Do You Wash Your Hands Better Since The Pandemic? I Do.

The utility sink in the laundry room is directly connected to the hot water tank. My son and I wash our hands there many times a day and the pain prohibits us from washing long, but I doubt any germ could take the pain either. Hubs is still a walking germ factory, some people just can't believe in what they can't see.

I've been a good handwasher but sometimes wouldn't scrub them for that long. Since the pandemic I started washing them for a longer time period and still do. I carried handwipes in the car prior to the pandemic and still do. Didn't use hand sanitizer though.

I don't go nuts about it but try to be careful.
I carry wipes and clean the trolley handles at the supermarket. I use handgel before and after the trip. Then scrub hands with soap and water once home. I never did any of that before the pandemic and I have to say, my health was far better. I rarely ever even caught a cold. Now despite all precautions, I keep going down with illnesses.

I carry wipes and clean the trolley handles at the supermarket. I use handgel before and after the trip. Then scrub hands with soap and water once home. I never did any of that before the pandemic and I have to say, my health was far better. I rarely ever even caught a cold. Now despite all precautions, I keep going down with illnesses.
I think anti-bacterial products can be overused. Before all of this started, I remember on the news that some doctors were concerned about the over use of anti-bacterial soap/wipes & resistance from it.

It's not uncommon now to hear about bacteria, fungus, parasites or viruses that have become resistant to medicines that had worked well before, but don't anymore from either over prescribing or not rotating medicines between treatments.

We all need to build up our natural immunity by being exposed to some things.

After shopping, I enter through the garage and the washroom is close by so I automatically wash my hands. I’ve done this for years. I still wipe down the shopping carts with wipes if they’re provided. This started years ago after shopping in a grocery store adjacent to health clinic. Parents would bring their kids there to pass time while waiting for their appointments. Sick little kids were germ factories.

I feel that there’s an overuse of sanitizers on hands. Plain soap and water is better, if it’s available. That said, I do use a sanitizer spray after handling a menu.

I think anti-bacterial products can be overused. Before all of this started, I remember on the news that some doctors were concerned about the over use of anti-bacterial soap/wipes & resistance from it.

It's not uncommon now to hear about bacteria, fungus, parasites or viruses that have become resistant to medicines that had worked well before, but don't anymore from either over prescribing or not rotating medicines between treatments.

That makes sense. Overuse of anything antibacterial will lead to resistance developing. Still, we must continue to protect ourselves best we are able.

After shopping, I enter through the garage and the washroom is close by so I automatically wash my hands. I’ve done this for years. I still wipe down the shopping carts with wipes if they’re provided. This started years ago after shopping in a grocery store adjacent to health clinic. Parents would bring their kids there to pass time while waiting for their appointments. Sick little kids were germ factories.

I feel that there’s an overuse of sanitizers on hands. Plain soap and water is better, if it’s available. That said, I do use a sanitizer spray after handling a menu.
Funny how soap and water, the simple traditional method, remains the best cleaning.

I can certainly agree with this. I don't use antibacterial soaps, I use natural cleaners in the apartment. I did recently get some swiffer wet pads. I do need to start using less and less sanitizer though we still have to use it at work.

Coughing kids make me cringe and want to move away. You are right, they are germ factories.

Back