Do You Watch Any Animated Programing?

I like some of the animated movies. My one friend has his grandkids a lot at his house and they bring their DVD's along. Sometimes when I go visit him, they will be watching one and I kind of get caught up in it. I like "Ice Age," "Shark Tale," "Ferdinand" and the movie with Harrison Ford in "The Call of the Wild." That movie is all real, except for the dog, "Buck," which is computer created.

Ran across this song cover today:

Some of you may know The Big O, most of you probably not. It's a sort of "giant robots meet Batman meet a Japanese take on western philosophy and religion."

The show is set in "Paradigm City" which as it turns out is a future version of a portion of a current major city on an island.

The two singers here are "Roger Smith" the negotiator and "R. Dorothy Wayneright," an android copy of the deceased girl "Dorothy Wayneright" and created by the girl's father.

I watch Bob's Burgers and Futurama. I used to watch Beavis and Butthead. LOL! I watch kids movies a lot too. I love Barbie movies (the new one with actual IRL people no) cuz they make me feel better. Also should add that I did watch a little bit of an anime show. Not sure how I feel about that.

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex was two seasons and a couple of movies of anime aimed at young adults and mature teens. It was an outgrowth of the greater Ghost In The Shell franchise, which is cyberpunk anime. "Ghost" here means something more like "soul" in English, but the dub is excellent.

Fast moving dialog and on-screen information. It is mainly about Section 19, a sort of urban military intelligence troubleshooting squad. The "B" story is about the squad members, the "A" story being the cases they work. There is also a "C" story, about the Tachikoma units. AI-based mini-tanks used for urban assault, which develop an unintended and growing degree of self-awareness.

Tachikoma Explains Individuality And God 【Ghost in The Shell S.A.C.】

Called an “animated masterpiece,” Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix might be likened to a darker, bloodier version of Samurai Jack, and is compelling viewing but not for children! The series concerns a half-breed in feudal Japan seeking revenge for their mother’s death, and is fiercely feminist as the titular Samurai is a female masquerading as a male in a patriarchal society, and doggedly holding her own with the best (or worst) of them. Quite engaging and powerful adult viewing that operates on a variety of levels…

have we mentioned one of the most classic high quality western-friendly anime series out there: Cowboy Bebop?

A neo-noire sci-fi western tale of found family and difficult pasts intruding on the present day. Bounty hunters just scraping by in a gritty future, cloaked in music from many genres. A lot of humor, some highs and lows.

Each of the main characters has a tragic back story that is gradually revealed as the series unfolds.

Just 26 sessions (episodes) and a follow-up feature film that fits about halfway through the series but meant to be watched afterward.

Forget the bad live-action remake that came along decades later. The anime has been a strong influence on shows that followed, and some suggest that it may have at least in part influenced the live action cult classic series "Firefly."

Oh, watch the English dub. It is excellent.

So many good moments:

I like the old cartoons, but they're rarely available on over-the-air t.v.
Check out MeTV.com. You may have an antenna channel in your location. I watch Toony & Me each morning at 7 am in my location. It has Woody Wood Pecker, Popeye, Merrie Melodies, MGM, Universal, cartoons of old on. It is a curated show by a fellow named Bill who really knows his stuff about cartoons from the early 20th century to the 1970's. It is a show geared to adults. You would know this by watching the commercials which are all aimed at older adults. Hope you give it a go. I find it loads of fun to begin my day with. Daily the show runs for an hour, except on weekends where the Saturday show runs for 3 hours and no show on Sunday.

I recommend Disenchantment on Netflix. Matt Groening has done the present in The Simpsons, and the future in Futurama. He does the Middle Ages in Disenchantment, envisioned as kind of a buddy comedy where a princess negotiates life in the mythical company of an idealistic naive elf and a little sarcastic demon from Hell…

The demon named Luci (short for Lucifer) is alone worth viewing for. Mistaken by most as a weird black cat, he’s initially sent to lure the princess to destruction, but winds up as her partner in life’s battles, all the while dispensing sardonic humor and occasionally talking in scat… 😈

Last edited:
For a time, all I watched was kids' shows, most of them animated. I had a kids' pass to Blockbuster. It was cheaper than the adult pass, and I thought I got more value from it. At the time, I had enough sadness in my life that I didn't need to add more with an adult drama.

Now that there's streaming, I still watch at lot of animated shows. But I add more variety in the mix with the bigger selection available to me.

My favorite animated show was Meet the Robinsons where an orphan boy travels to another planet where his family celebrates failure. Great story.

I also liked Enchanted. Not sure why.

Recently, I've watched Kung Fu Panda, How to train your dragon, and Home. I watched those because there were shows spun off from the movie that I thought looked cute, so I wanted to know the backstory.

I'm re-watching Dr. Katz
iu

and King Of The Hill
iu

Ran across this song cover today:

Some of you may know The Big O, most of you probably not. It's a sort of "giant robots meet Batman meet a Japanese take on western philosophy and religion."

The show is set in "Paradigm City" which as it turns out is a future version of a portion of a current major city on an island.

The two singers here are "Roger Smith" the negotiator and "R. Dorothy Wayneright," an android copy of the deceased girl "Dorothy Wayneright" and created by the girl's father.
What great singers.
Thank you for sharing.
This is nice.

Oddities: The Head. Don't know how I could've forgotten this. I was almost obsessed when I discovered this cartoon series. I found some of the episodes on YouTube.

This is one of my favorite episodes Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Epi. 11 "Affection"
I think it will post, but it's the entire episode and likely will play with ads:

Tragic story that ties into the overall arc of the anime series. It has part of a nice song I Do which is mostly in Italian. The song comes in around 13:55 or so.

Here's the entire song itself:

We won't judge you if you do. LOL Well that is to say...don't judge me. 😂 I've been watching Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, about teenage campers who go to a park with dinosaurs that are supposed to be contained but wind up getting loose. It's a Netflix original series. I think it's well written, the animation is really good as are the CGIs. I just finished watching Hotel Transylvania: Transformania on Prime. It was cute..I've enjoyed all 3 installments. I watched The Incredibles years ago and thought it was very good. I also watched the sequel last year..good but not as good.

Somtimes we get roped into watching animated content for the sake of our children or grandchildren. When my two youngest grands were little, we all watched The Backyardigans, something I never thought I could get into. But their mother, my son and I as well as the children all had our favorite characters. I also liked the songs. Years ago, as an adult with a child, I also watched some episodes of Scooby Doo. So what about you?
Sometimes I do because they're the only clean thing on to watch.

Back