Do you wish you’d had a larger, or smaller, family ?

I am only child and never felt the loss of not having siblings until now.I would like a good Sister or and Brother; caring loving ones to help me through a very hard part of my life. I have two wonderful Sons good DIL's and three gr8 GC and thank God for them.

I know siblings are not always good and can cause terrible problems but I know some who have good loving siblings who will call in or phone and say "Hi Sis...how's things with you? Do you need help with anything?

I had my daughter at a very young age, our life was erratic to say the least so I always felt it would be unfair to bring another child into it, but I would’ve loved a son.......(not instead of, as well as my girl)

Do you ever wish you’d had more, or less children ?
We did not have children, by choice. We're very happy with that decision. We took a lot of 'heat' early on for not wanting children. I can't begin to tell you how many people, who raised children, have told us we made the right decision. We have seen far too many parents who are not happy with the 'child situation' they are in, or were in. And yes, plenty of people happy they raised kids.

My wife and I come from very small family's and have just one son. He isn't married but is seeing a very nice profession lady for over a year now. She has a young daughter and is so much fun when we can be around them.
My prayers are my son finds someone because he won't have any family when we are gone. So, a larger family would be nice but sometimes that isn't always good either.

We have a son and daughter...Both married.. Son has a daughter and Son and my daughter has a Son and daughter...
We will be going to my first Grandson's marriage in August, to a Beautiful loving girl....
My parents both had 10 siblings each....All have past away....My older brother past also...I have 1 brother left that is married and has a boy and a girl that are married with children....

Yes agree about Sons. My youngest Son is 49 a smashing bloke and a good Son to me and his late Dad. But he has a short fuse and Ive been at the end of it a couple of times over the years and he is the only one who can reduce me to tears but then he is profusely sorry and cant stop apologising.

My other Son Ive never known him to lose his temper with me and he is 51. A loving two Sons I am blessed with.

Yes maybe Daughters are not always good to their patents. I loved my Mum very much but we rubbed eachother up the wrong way a few times over the years and clashed over not serious things but we were both strong minded and I used to get impatient with her but never lost my temper.

I loved my Mum very much but we rubbed eachother up the wrong way a few times over the years and clashed over not serious things but we were both strong minded and I used to get impatient with her but never lost my temper.

I like to read about psychology. I've read that two men can get along fine, but two women seldom can. Mainly because of the nesting instinct, still active in women past childbearing. A woman wants to be queen of her house and kitchen and does not want to share with another female with the same instincts. Like everything else in life, there are exceptions to that rule, depending on personalities.

I was told a long time ago that when they are little they are little problems, when they are bigger they are bigger problems....
A similar saying I’ve heard is, ‘They make you arms ache when they’re babies and your heart ache when they’re grown’

I have 2 sons and 1 daughter. My daughter is the youngest. I really wanted the last one to be a girl.. she is 27.
We are all a close knit family... have our ups and downs but would not trade them for all the tea in China. They are all living on their own..YESSSSS!!!! My daughter was the last to leave the nest at age 26. They are enough..do not wish I had more or less.

I like to read about psychology. I've read that two men can get along fine, but two women seldom can. Mainly because of the nesting instinct, still active in women past childbearing. A woman wants to be queen of her house and kitchen and does not want to share with another female with the same instincts. Like everything else in life, there are exceptions to that rule, depending on personalities.
Respect is a word I love...missing in all l. my daughters.

My husband and I planned our family before we married. We decided to have three birth children, which we did, and then to adopt a child less fortunate than our own. We adopted a nine year old black lad with moderate learning difficulties, and a Greek Cypriot baby with Down's Syndrome. We also fostered a teenager with DS.

I was glad to see there are exceptions to that rule. I miss my daughter living with me and her dad. She was not perfect but that is my Popcorn..lol I call her Popcorn. I have soo many names for her... I so miss her but she is a young adult and doing fine... I am so proud of her.

My husband and I planned our family before we married. We decided to have three birth children, which we did, and then to adopt a child less fortunate than our own. We adopted a nine year old black lad with moderate learning difficulties, and a Greek Cypriot baby with Down's Syndrome. We also fostered a teenager with DS.
God Bless you and hubby....

Many blessings to you and your family!!!

Back