Do Your Lips Ever Get Chapped, and Do You Use Lip Balm?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I use lip balm all the time to avoid chapped lips, especially in winter. I can't remember the last time I had chapped lips because I do use it every day. A lot of times I'll just use Chapstick with Vitamin E, years about I used to use Vaseline, rarely use it anymore. I've tried a couple of other ones over the years but didn't really like them, like Burt's Bees.

I do like one that I buy often now for several years, just bought another one today. It's Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal, first ingredient is coconut oil and it's bigger than the other balms. I get it at Natural Grocers.

Do you use lip balm, and if you do, what brand?

o_c-vitaminli-yenileyici-dudak-balsami-avalon-organics-fotografi5fd7y.jpg

Yes. My lips gets chapped every year. I’d never tried this type but I love this company. They make fabulous shampoo and conditional plus I love sweet orange flavour.

thanks. :)

I've seldom had chapped lips; I suppose because it's so humid in Houston. Also, I drink a lot of water which helps. So no, I don't use lip balm.

I wrote this already and it disappeared .

My daughter uses those ones you posted Wren..but in a stick form. She lives in a hot country so she needs to apply it a lot .

I rarely ever get chapped lips..for almost the same reason as C'est Moi... Humid here.. drink lots of water, plus I use moisturiser morning and night

My daughter and I are loyal to Burts Bees, the peppermint and beeswax flavor. I have a tube by my bed, in my purse, in the kitchen, in the car, and if I happen to be wearing pants, there's one in my pocket. My daughter is similar.

People who don't know us sometimes wonder what's going on if we're together, and one of us starts patting the pockets area of the other. We're looking for the chapstick!! Similarly if we're together, and one of us pulls out the chapstick, we'll offer it to the other one before we put it away. Every Christmas I buy her a 4 pack and put it in her stocking!

Chapstick and Carmex on my lips and Bag Balm on my hands. Over the years, I have been out in some brutal weather investigating accidents and the cold weather takes its' toll on my lips and fingers. My fingers used to split open and be sore for days until one day an older Trooper saw me with about 4 or 5 Band-Aids on my fingers and asked me what was up with that? I told him that my fingers were so dry and chapped that they split open and the Band-Aids keep them from hurting more if I am bang them against something. He went into his car and took out a green can of Bag Balm and told me to rub it in my hands. Then, he also told me to pick up a can of it and before I get into bed to put a glob of it in my hands and rub both hands together and then put a pair of socks on my hands and go to bed. He said my hands would be better after I got up.

The next day after I took off the socks, I was like, "Holy crap! That actually worked." I later found out that Vaseline does the same thing.

It gets mighty cold here in winter,for years I used Chap Stick
A friend gave me 3 Burt's Bees lip balm for xmas,so I'll try them

Back