Does anyone have a good chicken salad recipe they would like to share?

Ruth n Jersey

I'm having company next weekend and am so tired of burgers on the grill. I thought I'd make chicken salad. Generally I make mine with mayo,onions,celery, salt and pepper to taste. Does anyone add something else to give it some zing?

I'm having company next weekend and am so tired of burgers on the grill. I thought I'd make chicken salad. Generally I make mine with mayo,onions,celery, salt and pepper to taste. Does anyone add something else to give it some zing?

A little bit of lemon juice will add zing. Also mayo w/cole slaw dressing ( a couple Tbsp) mixed in will zing it up some.

I posted this one previously.

Chicken salad sandwiches. But instead of bread I used wraps.

Had it with Ham and Pea Soup. Incidentally Campbells now makes it it their chunky version. It's good.

Anyway. This is the recipe.
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken or turkey chopped
1 medium stalk celery chopped
1 small onion chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing (I used Russian)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 slices bread or use wraps.

I put everything in a small food chopper blender and bring it all together or you can chop it all up by hand.

No picture. I ate it.

Use that recipe but add:
Halved seedless green grapes
Tarragon
Toasted nuts
squeeze of fresh lemon.

(use Hellman's mayo)

Thanks RadishRose. I have to leave out the nuts. The hubby hates nuts.

Camper6,I remember those sandwiches. As a kid I always wondered what that stuff was between the layers. I didn't trust those old church ladies. No telling what they would grind up for the filling.

I only use chicken breasts and add just a pinch of sugar. Also finely chopped onion, celery, no seeds, sweet relish and only Hellmans. Sometimes a little grated apple and always a few cayenne pepper flakes and black pepper. I keep mixing and adjusting as I just like a touch of sweetness. Chopped boiled eggs are a must. Just salt to taste. It makes a ton so I make sure daughter and grands want a good amount of it. They love it and would never turn down homemade chicken salad.

My secret unique ingredient is "Poultry Seasoning" (McCormacks combines thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, pepper and nutmeg). I bake an organic chicken because I feel they're extra tender and tasty.
Duke's mayonnaise
Poultry Seasoning
Celery
Red Seedless Grapes (halved)
Sea Salt

Last edited:
You add poultry seasoning too?!
I thought it was just me being my eccentric self and everyone would go ewww 🤣
Adding "just a pinch of sugar" sounds like something I'd do too...I'll have to try it next time

Pineapple chicken salad,
chicken breast, poached and cut up.
pineapple tidbits
fine dice celery
sliced thin green onion and tops
mayo with a little bit of pineapple juice added.
salt an pepper

No exact measurements, depends on how much I am making. I have not had it on a sandwich. I just put a big scoop in a bowl and enjoy. Yummy and refreshing.

Ingredients I've used in Chicken salad..
Deli chicken
Miracle whip
onion
celery
sweet pickle relish
boiled egg
mustard seed
apple
salt/pepper
Sm amt tarragon vinegar
Sm amt sugar
Sm amt olive oil