Don Quixote Update

@Pinky Try this link
UN QUIJOTE MODERNO- A modern Don Quixote

New Don Quixote tells a border tale for a modern era

"The quest is the oldest and most retold form of story in human history. From ancient Greece’s 'The Odyssey' to Ming-era China’s 'Journey to the West,' the far-flung adventure tale is perhaps the most essential prototype of narrative we have."

"Cervantes’ 'Don Quixote' remains a foundational text in Western literature, whose themes on politics, chivalry and romance can speak to any era. So it makes sense that playwright Octavio Solis had no trouble retelling the story of a quixotic elderly man with a heart for adventure."

"In 'Quixote Nuevo,' at the Alley Theatre through Feb. 9, Solis has placed Quixote’s story in the modern era, in the fictional border town of La Plancha, on the Texas-Mexico border, starring a man who decides to see the world rather than be placed in an assisted living home." READ MORE

Last edited:
iu
"The quest is the oldest and most retold form of story in human history. From ancient Greece’s 'The Odyssey' to Ming-era China’s 'Journey to the West,' the far-flung adventure tale is perhaps the most essential prototype of narrative we have."

"Cervantes’ 'Don Quixote' remains a foundational text in Western literature, whose themes on politics, chivalry and romance can speak to any era. So it makes sense that playwright Octavio Solis had no trouble retelling the story of a quixotic elderly man with a heart for adventure."

"In 'Quixote Nuevo,' at the Alley Theatre through Feb. 9, Solis has placed Quixote’s story in the modern era, in the fictional border town of La Plancha, on the Texas-Mexico border, starring a man who decides to see the world rather than be placed in an assisted living home." READ MORE
The "READ MORE" function does not work :(

@Pinky Try this link
UN QUIJOTE MODERNO- A modern Don Quixote

@Meanderer Thank you for posting this delightful video! I absolutely love, love, the fresh adaptation with its uniquely singular application towards the modern world.

I think it’s brilliantly scripted, and profoundly poised, inciting thoughtful pause and reflection, in almost a keener sense that offers less complexity and sound interpretation than what I glean from merely reading the novels.

Not only that, but I love the mental freedom to move between both the original storytelling and the modern rendition, as it offers glimmers of more in-depth understanding that is relatable and explainable whenever I opt to revisit the storyline. Each time I do, I walk away knowing a little more than before.

Keith Dewhurst, author of the play Don Quixote (1982) once said:

“I don’t think I understand what Don Quixote is about, and I don’t think anybody knows what Don Quixote is about.”

His words make me smile and laugh inside because I share mutual feeling, and it makes sense to me as to why I’m drawn to this wonderful thread you’ve created, again, and again. Every time I visit, I discover something new that I either missed, or didn’t know before.

@Meanderer Thank you for posting this delightful video! I absolutely love, love, the fresh adaptation with its uniquely singular application towards the modern world.

I think it’s brilliantly scripted, and profoundly poised, inciting thoughtful pause and reflection, in almost a keener sense that offers less complexity and sound interpretation than what I glean from merely reading the novels.

Not only that, but I love the mental freedom to move between both the original storytelling and the modern rendition, as it offers glimmers of more in-depth understanding that is relatable and explainable whenever I opt to revisit the storyline. Each time I do, I walk away knowing a little more than before.

Keith Dewhurst, author of the play Don Quixote (1982) once said:

“I don’t think I understand what Don Quixote is about, and I don’t think anybody knows what Don Quixote is about.”

His words make me smile and laugh inside because I share mutual feeling, and it makes sense to me as to why I’m drawn to this wonderful thread you’ve created, again, and again. Every time I visit, I discover something new that I either missed, or didn’t know before.
I like how we still think of DQ as a living, breathing person! HE is the story! We can identify with him......

Last edited:

The Inspiration of Don Quixote

don-quixote-800x426.jpg

"As a Spanish gentleman living a quiet life of retirement and enjoying his favorite pastime of reading medieval romances about knights and their ladies, Don Quixote one day feels inspired to emulate the knights of old and restore the ideals of chivalry, honor, truth, courtesy, and service that his own age has relegated to the past." READ MORE

Playwright Octavio Solis sets this retelling on the Texas-Mexico border

"In “Quixote Nuevo,” at the Alley Theatre through Feb. 9, Solis has placed Quixote’s story in the modern era, in the fictional border town of La Plancha, on the Texas-Mexico border, starring a man who decides to see the world rather than be placed in an assisted living home."

iu

Last edited:

Back